Search

4 weeks in Chile

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17th, 2014, 03:36 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4 weeks in Chile

We are just back from a 4 weeks trip in Chile. First advice is: GO to Easter Island! Ok, the flight is an extra cost BUT you have to spend 3 full days there ... the Moai, the history / mystery... a must! We then visited for about one week the lake district (Puerto Varas, Frutillar, Osorno, etc.) is another interesting destination. The we booked the tour CALETA TORTEL with Geoturismo Patagonia travel agency, from / to Coyahique and arriving at Caleta Tortel. What to say... the caretera austral, lake General Carera, Caleta Tortel are beautiful places. BUT the tour itself doesn't match expectations / costs. It has to be said that they use the "best available" lodges BUT a big problem is that the Driver / Guide didn't speak english at all (ZERO!) and this has been a real shame. I also had problem with Geoturismo because they tried to charge me more than the agreed cost. BE CAREFUL! Then we spent some days in Valparaíso (another fantastic place) and in Santiago. We are really happy for what we have done and seen (though I do not speak of a real problem, the many stray dogs abandoned on the streets of all of Chile)... Ciao, Gianni (Milan - ItaLY)
Old Dec 17th, 2014, 04:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So glad you enjoyed yourself (well except maybe the tour) and so glad you visited Easter Island!