10 day honeymoon in Argentina in November

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10th, 2014, 02:45 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I want to go on our honeymoon in early November in Argentina. I know I want to go do some wine tasting in Argentina, but am looking for suggestions on other places to go and things to do. We are both adventure and nature lovers, so hikes and beautiful scenery would be awesome. We are on a budget, so nothing too over the top. Thanks in advance for you suggestions!
Old Jun 10th, 2014, 09:40 PM

Firstly, congratulations!

Most people will go to Mendoza for wine tasting but the north west region of Salta also has some pretty amazing wines. The scenery is amongst the most spectacular you will find anywhere in South America.
If you are happy driving, renting a car and driving a circuit of the NW from Salta is a great way to spend maybe 5 days.

Buenos Aires is worth a day or two of you ten days.

Iguazu is one of the wonders of the world and should be high on anyone's list of things to do in Argentina.

You could also head down South to Patagonia El Calafate etc..

Distances are vast and flights can be expensive so I would be inclined to choose just BA and a couple of other places rather than spread tour time to thinly. It is your honeymoon after all!

Some idea of your overall budget would help people to make specific suggestions on places to stay, things to do etc.

Read up on the "blue dollar" exchange rates as a way of reducing cost. Type Avrooster into the search box top right - he is the font of all knowledge on the subject!

Argentina can seem expensive at first sight but using the blue dollar helps a lot. We found plenty of places to stay in private rooms with en suite facilities for around $30 pn. Food is amore expensive than other South American countries as inflation is a continual problem in Argentina but is still cheaper than in Europe or the US
Old Jun 11th, 2014, 01:31 AM

Particularly considering you are on a budget, you should keep very much in mind top poster crellston's last paragraph above, about the "blue" rate of exchange, which would, at this writing, give you about a 30% saving off anything you can pay with a credit card or versus using an ATM.

Have a wonderful honeymoon in my country.
Old Jun 17th, 2014, 10:34 AM

NW region in Argentina, is what you are looking for,wines, amazing sceneries, great food, culture... architecture...
As Crellston said. FIve days at least!
Flintstones.