Myrtle Beach condo help please

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26th, 2010, 06:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last summer my family booked a last minute trip to MB for the first time in forever. Unfortunately we ended up with a not so great experience. The rental agency gave us a filthy condo (it is too long to explain the filth we had to clean ourselves) and left us arguing with them about sending us linens that we paid for instead of making us spend a night on a sheetless bed. The resort (Baywatch) actually had potential but management apparently doesn't keep the property up at all which is rather sad. I know it is a busy beach resort but, for example, we saw the same cheeto bag in the same elevator floor for the whole week we were there which became a running joke.

Anyway my children loved Myrtle Beach and really want to go back but now I am a bit gun shy in renting again. I have narrowed it down (based on our travel dates and what is available and what looked decent) to these resorts. Does anyone have any opinions on these? We want a clean, ocean front, one or two bedroom condo. My girls are 3 and 5 and so a one bedroom would be fine as long as there is a muphy bed or pull out couch. It would be nice if they had a decent pool but not necessary because they love the beach the most.

Dunes Village
Grand Atlantic
Caribbean Resort and Villas
Compass Cove

I really appreciate the help.

Amanda
Old Mar 26th, 2010, 08:21 AM

There are SO many nicer places south or north of MB. Your children are too young to care about uncrowded beaches so long as a miniature golf game is nearby. Look at Surfside, or even Litchfield and have an adult holiday also. Obviously just my 2c .
Old Mar 26th, 2010, 09:43 AM

Let me preface this by saying I am not a MB fan. However, there are so many Condos in forclosure & sitting empty right now it is likely that many HOAs are having difficulty paying their bills. That being said G is correct there are many more spacious places all up & down the Coast w/in easy driving distance of MB proper which will offer you less crowds, more space & an better (IMHO) environment for your kids to enjoy.
Old Mar 30th, 2010, 10:20 AM

Go to VRBO.com. Coral Beach is very nice, have been staying there for several years. Bowling alley in the resort, several pools, a few restaurants etc... They are a family resort and you can't even make a reservation unless you are older than 23.
Old Apr 19th, 2010, 04:58 AM

Look at North Beach Plantation. I was AMAZED by how very, very nice it was. It's a new property, but has MANY super pools and our condo was absolutely beautiful-- very high end and immaculate. Since it is new and not fully operational (no restaurant on site) there are some excellent deals to be had.