Search

Las Vegas Buffet

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21st, 2007, 01:22 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Las Vegas Buffet

We're going to Vegas at the end of January and are staying at The Palazzo. In all our trips, we've never done a dinner buffet. What's the latest and greatest in regards to buffets. We prefer a high end buffet (does that exist) with good cuts of meat and fresh seafood.

Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays!
Old Dec 21st, 2007, 02:26 PM

I am not a big buffet person myself, however The Buffet at the Bellagio is wonderful. Excellent meats, seafood, sushi, desserts....actually anything and everything you can think of perpared at it's own station so it's not coming from "the back". We have dined there several times and always enjoyed everything. It's also a fun place to people watch Like dinner and a show all in one!
Old Dec 21st, 2007, 08:39 PM
JRP

I would assume that The Palazzo is well prepared to provide a high-end buffet.

Check it out, then try Bellagio. I like Bellagio. It's my personal favorite.

We'll look forward to your reports.
Old Dec 21st, 2007, 09:33 PM

One of the best high end buffets is the one at the Bally's Steakhouse, which is only during Sunday brunch. It includes lobster and black caviar as well as champagne for around $60!

For breakfast, do try the restaurant at Paris Hotel.
Old Dec 22nd, 2007, 05:42 AM

I like the Wynn. The Bellagio buffet is very good, however, the atmosphere at the Bellagio buffet is lacking. I LOVE the Bellagio, but I think they fell short in the decor of the buffet. area. However, the food is excellent.

The Wynn is beautiful and their buffet is excellent, as well. I would choose the Wynn.
Old Dec 22nd, 2007, 08:17 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the tips. We'll most likely try either the Bellagio or Wynn. I'll also see what the Palazzo has to offer and report back.
Old Dec 22nd, 2007, 11:46 AM

We have eaten quite a few dinner buffets and our all time favourite is the Wynn. The Mandalay Bay was also teriffic and was the Bellagio (especially for the unusual meat cuts ... buffalo was one of them I think) but I agree with the previous poster re the setting/ ambiance - it's more like a cafe type place and doesn't reflect the rest of the Bellagio.
Old Dec 22nd, 2007, 12:09 PM

I ate at the Wynn buffet in October, on a Friday night. Don't know the price, my friend lives in Hendersen and had comps. I do know the glass of house wine was 12.50. I live in Reno so have been to many buffets and I really didn't find anything "special" about the Wynn in food or atmosphere. There was a lot of selection, it was good, and wine was REALLY good. Probably why it's 12.50 per glass. It is a beautiful hotel however.
Old Dec 22nd, 2007, 12:22 PM
Original Poster

By the way, what is the cost for the buffet at Bellagio or Wynn? I'm guessing around $50 - $60 per person plus wine.
Old Dec 23rd, 2007, 06:08 PM

We ate at MGM in June and was disappointed. We decided to splurge and stay at the MGM and while everything was "ok", nothing - from checkin, to the room, to the buffet - was much above average.

More to the point on the buffet. At $30 a person I thought the food was just average. My biggest issue was with the prime rib - it was "hidden" and we had to ask where to find it on the buffet.

On a prior trip, we ate lunch at the Mandalay Bay buffet and still talk about how good it was.

Mike Honeycutt
Old Dec 23rd, 2007, 06:46 PM

I went to Bally's steak house for the Sunday-only champagne brunch this morning and was a little disappointed. The SERVICE is top-notch and the maitre'd, David, is very kind. However, I felt really cramped. Granted, the restaurant is not usually a buffet, but I'm betting they could herd us in & out better if it were set up differently.

The food itself, other than the lobster & caviar (which is carefully doled out), was not to die for. it was hard to get good halves of lobster because the piggy family in front of me piled their plates high (yes, high) with lobster and it would take too long to wait or stand in line again due to the set up. Maybe it depends what other people are at the buffet the day you go, but you have no control over that.
Old Dec 23rd, 2007, 07:01 PM

We ate at the Wynn dinner buffet last March and it was $39.95 I think - well worth the cost. We are not buffet people at all - I find most buffets to be glorified cafeteria food. But the Wynn buffet was fabulous. What made it a great dining experience is that only small portions of food are made at a time, so most of what you get is fresh and hot. The selections are top-notch; high quality beef and other meats, gourmet side dishes, crab and shrimp appetizers, and the dessert selection is unbelievable. There is table service for cocktails and wine. You don't have to stuff your face to feel like you're getting your money's worth at Wynn's. Wonderful dining!
Old Dec 24th, 2007, 10:06 AM
Original Poster

Thanks again.

Wynn it is based of all the favorable comments. Thanks for the price info. tekwriter. Less than I thought.
Old Feb 1st, 2008, 07:44 AM
Original Poster

The Palazzo is very nice...still have a lot of restaurants/shops to open.

We wound up skipping a dinner buffet. Instead, we had dinner at the following:

Red 8 in the Wynn - average.
Ferraro's - good.
Rosemary's - very good.

We did have the Sunday champagne brunch at the Wynn which was good.