Search

The A380 has landed.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26th, 2007, 03:53 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The A380 has landed.

Interesting to see that the first commercial flight was Singapore/Sydney and not Singapore/London or Singapore/New York. Lets hope it will make these long haul flights at bit more comfortable in economy even if not quicker. At least the entertainment screens looked a decent size and not the mini screens on most airlines. But crikey! it would be nice to fly in one of those Suites.
Old Oct 28th, 2007, 04:42 PM

Hope these new planes, eg. A380 and the Boeing Dreamliner, will have extra seat/leg room for all the people in the economy section, I think they deserve some better treatment, instead of being packed in like sardines.
Old Oct 28th, 2007, 08:26 PM

Received 83 Likes on 5 Posts
From what I've read, it seems Singapore Air's economy section on the A380 will be similar to their Executive Economy/Premium Economy seating on their current flights from SIN-LAX. If that's the case, life will be good.
Old Oct 29th, 2007, 05:18 AM

Well, plenty of after the event coverage in the SMH. Maybe I wasn't paying attention, but not too much advance publicity.

Sydney Airport has spent millions, apparently, on upgrading the runways so that the monster can land.

I don't know if I'm in favour or not. Apparently it is relatively fuel efficient, and I love to see the Europeans steal a march on Boeing.

But is it the way to go?

As for SIN-SYD rather than another route - well, we all know about the rivalry between Singapore Airlines and Qantas. And I guess perhaps there is a bigger Singaporean diaspora in OZ than in the UK or the east coast of the US.

Anyone know?

aistWe YKataoper
Old Oct 29th, 2007, 03:49 PM

Melnq8 - I will drink to that.

Downunder - It will be interesting to see the new Dreamliner Boeing when it arrives. Apparently its the one which will be fuel efficient, also great window technology, and carbon body.
Old Nov 4th, 2007, 01:52 AM

I really want to try that. I would be really good and nice for long-haul flight. It will not be boring.