Search

Thai Air rating

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27th, 2007, 06:06 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thai Air rating

My husband is traveling on business to several countries in Asia. For one leg of the trip he is scheduled to fly business class on Thai Airways. Is that a good airline? Reliable, comfortable, safe, etc? Thanks.
Old Aug 27th, 2007, 04:52 PM

I last flew Thai 2 years ago (first class to New Zealand from SF). But, I worked in Asia in the 1990s and flew them extensively then in business class. They are perhaps my favorite airline in the world. The Thai people have a genuine sense of caring that they bring to their work. (Singapore Air, in contrast, is what I'd call "cooly efficient&quot. The airline has a great safety record, the food is wonderful. You/your husband need not worry about it at all. I don't know what they have in terms of seats and seat configurations. (When I flew 1st class 2 years ago, the first class seats did NOT recline a full 180 degrees). Check www.seatguru.com or the airline's own web site for that info. Enjoy!

John H.
Old Aug 28th, 2007, 12:53 AM

Thai is hit or miss, IMO. I just flew them Biz Class from the USA to BKK. Other passengers were having their finished dinners picked up before I even received mine. They also lost both of my bags (which they finally found today). I'm an ROP Gold, but will start flying Singapore when possible.
Old Aug 28th, 2007, 06:27 AM

My wife and I have flown JFK-BKK in February of each of the last two years in business class. My only complaint is that they keep the cabin too hot. The business class cabin is quite large so it takes a while to serve all the meals - I agree with Bisbee that this can be frustrating. Tough to loose luggage on a direct flight - not sure what Bisbee's situation was though.
Old Aug 28th, 2007, 09:31 AM
Jed

Craig - Do you tell the FA when it feels too hot? My wife usually does. And it helps.
Old Aug 29th, 2007, 05:26 PM

this airline is definitely the preferred choice of people on the Asia forum here. You may want to post or run a search there. I believe it's a very comfortable non-stop and they have upgraded economy with more legroom too.