Extended stay in Las Vegas, need suggestions for budget accomodations

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4th, 2005, 06:32 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband may be working in Vegas for a couple of weeks starting at the end of December and will need a place to stay that won't cost us more than what he will be earning. Any help will be appreciated.
Old Dec 5th, 2005, 05:14 AM

You'd better hurry because Vegas gets more-than-booked up for New Year's weekend, you might be sleeping in the car.

If you know the job location, we could tell you which of the budgetsuites locations is closest.
Old Dec 5th, 2005, 08:37 AM

You might want to try tug2.net or vrbo.com. You may only be able to get 1 week at a resort and have to change location, but might be worth a try. I think I would also do a local classified search for a home or apartment in Las Vegas
Old Dec 5th, 2005, 08:42 AM

I am going to assume you will have a car (kind of hard to survive a couple of weeks without one) so I would suggest looking at OFF-Strip places. There are regular motels all over LV once you get away from the strip. Places like Comfort Inn for example. Do a search of off-strip hotel/motels. I would also think your husband could ask where he is going to work about places close to the job site. You would be better off getting a "suite" type hotel since you would have microwave, fridge, etc. and be able to fix some snacks, simple meals to save a few dollars.

Old Dec 5th, 2005, 08:48 AM

A friend of mine has the new Embassy Suites a mile from the airport for just over $800 per week.That includes a hot breakfast each morning.Plus, its N-E-W!!
Old Dec 5th, 2005, 08:55 AM

Although no specific names pop into my head at the moment, I know that there are quite a number of extended stay hotels/motels off the strip, so I'm sure you won't have a problem finding one by searching online. Just be careful since some of them can be a bit seedy. It's probably best to come back here and check specifics about a place before booking.
Old Dec 5th, 2005, 09:22 AM

I you will let us know the area of town you need to be in and the price range/amenities you are looking for, we will try to help you.
Old Dec 5th, 2005, 10:58 AM
sandi

Don't recall the name or number of the highway - the one running out to Hoover Dam. Maybe it is Hoover Highway? There are lots of new long-term complexes. They look like motels, but you have bedroom, living room and kitchen... also phone and cable TV; also swimming pool (though you won't need in Dec), even a restaurant. It's been a few years, but a friend stayed at one of these and the rates were, surprisingly, quite reasonable.

Old Dec 5th, 2005, 11:22 AM

You might also try www.craigslist.com -- you can post an ad or just respond to ones that are there. Good luck!
Old Dec 6th, 2005, 06:35 AM

Good suggestions by Lori.
What's your budget?? Downtown always has the best prices as far as hotels.
Old Dec 6th, 2005, 07:35 AM

sandi, that would be Boulder Hwy, but some areas of Boulder Hwy are not that great...there are newer short term stays on LV BLVD south of Mandalay Bay near the Outlet Mall. We do need more info from carollou, but looks like carollou will get plenty of help.
Old Dec 6th, 2005, 01:38 PM
sandi

vagasnative -

Thanks. Not far off - if not Hoover than Boulder is good; just drew a blank on the name.

Old Dec 6th, 2005, 05:00 PM

sandi, you got that right...used to be called Boulder Dam right?!? Now "it" is Hoover and the Hwy is Boulder!!