Phuket - Kamala vs. Bangtao

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17th, 2004, 08:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trying to decide between these two areas for our week in Phuket during the peak season (Dec-Jan).

We are Looking for a pretty beach that isn't too busy. On Bangtao, we'd be staying at one of the smaller properties, not the Laguna complex, but I'm worried about lots of people/noise as a result of those big hotels. We just want somewhere relatively peaceful to spend the day under an umbrella with a good book!

I think Mai Khao(?), where the JW Marriott is, is most to our liking, but unfortunately, that property is out of our price range.
Old Oct 21st, 2004, 02:02 AM

We've been to Bangtao beach 5 times in the last 4 years and are headed back in Januray. Have always stayed at The Laguna Beach Resort or Sheraton, but we are trying a new resort further down the beach. Believe me the beach is not busy as the hotels are spread out and many people hang out around the pools. The are a number of great resturants along the beach also.
Enjoy!!
Old Oct 21st, 2004, 07:25 AM

Kamala is getting very built up now, a few years back it was a lazy relaxing place, but now it it quite crowded. The JW is way out of the way, that is a plus for some and a minus for others.
Take a look at Kata beach also or if you want quieter Nai Harn.