St. Thomas - Restaurants

Search

St. Thomas - Restaurants

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9th, 2004, 08:59 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Thomas - Restaurants

Can anyone suggest dinner restaurants in Red Hook, St. Thomas. What are the prices like?
Old Jun 9th, 2004, 10:51 AM

Try "The Toad and the Tart". Its a small owner run restaurant just outside of Red Hook, going toward the Wyndham. The prices are VERY reasonable. The woman who owns/runs the restaurant is a transplant from England.
Old Jun 10th, 2004, 04:29 AM

Love the Toad & Tart - its one of my favorites.

Kind of cheesy but I also like Duffy's Love Shack. Their wings are some of the best I've ever had.
Old Jun 10th, 2004, 09:06 AM

Just returned from St.Thomas. We found restaurant prices to be more expensive there than other caribbean island. We stayed near Red Hook and thought the Caribbean Saloon and Steak House in American Yacht Harbor to be reasonable and the food and service were good. Duffy's Love Shack was disappointing, Toad & Tart was good..but we thought drinks were pricey. The best meals we had were at Room With A View and Banana Tree Grille..both at Bluebeard's Castle. Expect to pay at least $70 for dinner for
two. If you have a condo you can save a lot by making some meals..the Marina Market in Red Hook is small but they have a good variety. A larger market a little further out..Food Center..is stocked with better variety.
Old Jun 11th, 2004, 10:53 AM

I can't remember the name of the restaurant, but we ate at an Italian restaurant right in Red Hook that we really enjoyed. Its prices were in line with most other restaurants. We thought ALL of the restaurants in St. Thomas were overpriced.
Old Jun 12th, 2004, 06:17 AM

I agree about the overpricing there but in Red Hook try Molly Malones or is it Molly Maguires? Anyway you get the idea.