Amalfi Coast in a Crunch

Search

Amalfi Coast in a Crunch

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4th, 2024, 05:20 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amalfi Coast in a Crunch

I am staying in Atrani with my family for 1 full day and 2 half days this summer. We are hoping to see Amalfi, Ravello, and Positano. Am I nuts to cram in Capri? I'm aware this timeline is psychotic but hey, when in Rome.
Old Apr 4th, 2024, 06:56 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
How do you define "see" a place??

How large a group are you? I ask because moving around while keeping to a tight schedule is harder with a group.

If the half days are truly 5-6 hours each and you skip the leisurely lunch, you could probably get to Amalfi, Ravello and Positano in the half days. To catch the bus to either Positano or Ravello, you have to go to Amalfi. The Amalfi-Positano bus takes 40-45 minutes each way, and there would likely be a line in Positano for the return bus. Depending on the time of day and how many are in your group, you might even have to wait for a second bus. The Amalfi-Ravello bus takes 25-30 minutes each way.

https://www.positano.com/en/bus-sche...chedule-result

How much of Capri would you want to "see" beyond the town of Capri? The ferry from Amalfi takes about an hour each way. If you want to explore the entire island, take the chairlift to the top of Mt. Solaro and/or tour the Blue Grotto, you really need an entire day. However, the earliest ferry isn't terribly early, and the last ferry isn't very late.

https://www.capri.com/en/t/amalfi/capri
Old Apr 4th, 2024, 11:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
​​Great, practical advice from Jean. If it was my trip, I would skip Capri. If you're a young, active person then maybe you could do things at that pace.
Old Apr 4th, 2024, 11:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On the half days in Atrani, where are you coming from before Atrani and where you heading when you depart Atrani?
How old are your family members? Any age difficulties (either very young or older) or mobility restrictions?