Search

Wrcolaw or Krakow Christmas market?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29th, 2022, 08:11 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wrcolaw or Krakow Christmas market?

Hello all,

We are already thinking about a trip to the Christmas markets next year and it looks like we can add one Christmas market in Poland to connect with out our other choices. Which would you suggest or prefer and why? Wroclaw and Karkow? Many thanks,
Old Dec 30th, 2022, 08:52 AM

Haven't been to either Christmas market, but if it were me, I'd just pick whichever town I wanted to visit anyway and that fit best into my itinerary. Which is probably Krakow given the train lines and even flights possible. But depends what your grand itinerary is for Poland. I like both and Wroclaw is smaller. So depending what else you might want to see, that could matter. I really liked visiting a lot of historical sites in Krakow.

If you are only visiting one in POland, that implies that is the only POlish city you are visiting so I imagine Krakow would have to be more convenient logistically. I think the Wroclaw one starts about a week earlier in November, if that matters. The Wroclaw one is supposed to be very good, also, and if you were doing something in Eastern Germany, it might work out trainwise. I just remember coming by train from Gorlitz and it took forever as the train was very slow but I was coming from Dresden. I think it's quicker from Berlin.

Krakow has really bad pollution in winter due to all the coal furnaces. Of course Warsaw and Wroclaw aren't far behind. They have to close schools sometimes due to the pollution. So if it works for you logistically, I"d probably pick Wroclaw. IN November, Krakow was the most polluted city in the world.
https://notesfrompoland.com/2022/11/...-smog-sets-in/
Old Jan 5th, 2023, 03:36 PM
Original Poster

Thank you so much!
Old Jan 5th, 2023, 04:22 PM

I have been to both and much prefer Wrocław. The Krakow one was just average as compared to markets in Germany and Austria. The Wrocław was one of my very favorites.