Peurto natales to Santiago Chile

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24th, 2020, 07:21 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you get a flight between these 2 cities? Having problems finding one. Thanks
Old Mar 24th, 2020, 07:55 PM

"Having problems finding one" because ...

... you are there now, looking to get out?
... you are planning a future trip?

I believe the air service there is seasonal only, meaning the Chilean summer. That's over now. The nearest airport with year-round flights is Punta Arenas. Have you looked into that?
Old Mar 25th, 2020, 05:12 AM

Was told by a local that we will not know until a few months from now...I booked a trip for January but didi not book any flights yet.
Old Mar 25th, 2020, 09:00 AM

LATAM is on reduced staffing working remotely and is prioritizing those with flights in the near future. They are asking passengers to use online booking functions. Try Google Flights if you haven't, you will see that there are only flights from Punta Arenas on the schedule at the moment. Not Puerto Natales (even if you spell it correctly, or enter the airline code PNT none available)>

If you had a flight that you wanted to reschedule, check their Facebook page.

For a future flight, not possible at the moment for PNT. You should be able to book from PUQ to SCL for December, on line if you want to take the chance.

Last edited by mlgb; Mar 25th, 2020 at 09:07 AM.
Old Mar 28th, 2020, 08:36 AM
Original Poster

No. Safely home in BC. I am isolation planning a trip that I’m hoping to do in December through to February 2021. Just doing my costing, dates etc. You know things you do when you’re social distancing!
Old Apr 3rd, 2020, 11:14 AM

Yes! I took the flight this past November. I want to say it was only offered 2x a week, November - March. I believe it didn't become available to book until September timeframe, and once I booked, the time changed a couple of times between September to when I took the flight end of November. Good luck!
Old Apr 4th, 2020, 06:35 AM
Original Poster

Very helpful. Thanks!
Old Jul 11th, 2020, 04:26 PM

The situation is not good in Chile at the moment, people will have to be patient and wait till the situation clears
Dont think the Company has already set the days and times for the flights
Around 2 years ago, the airport in Natales began to operate. It was an advantage for the people who didnt need to move to Arenas to board the plane to Santiago. But Natales - Santiago flies twice a week and sometimes it is safer to take it in Arenas instead My suggestion is to wait a bit more. say till September and then decide.
Best .
Old Jul 17th, 2020, 10:51 AM

Thanks so much! I have a trip booked for early January (departing Miami December 30) but have not yet heard anything or booked flights. I would be so grateful if you let me know anything related to that, or to Americans visiting, or wanting to visit, Chile.
Old Jul 18th, 2020, 04:40 AM

Santiago natales - arenas santiago

ekscrunchy
I ll let you know as soon as I learn about the flights

Old Jul 20th, 2020, 03:43 AM

Mil gracias, Milla!

I just hope Chile will not close its borders, or have they already done so.
Old Oct 23rd, 2020, 01:14 PM

I have postponed this trip to the same dates in 2022. Agent is working on this, to include Awasi Atacama. Having touch and go with TravelGuard whether or not I will lose the $800-plus dollars that I paid for insurance, before the Covid policy was enacted. Very disappointed with their response when I phoned today. Agent told me she could not tell me anything.....have to submit and let the higher ups decide; these persons are not available by phone.