Emirates Business Class on 777

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7th, 2020, 11:58 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have economy flights booked for flights from Uk to Dubai, Dubai to Cape Town, Durban to Dubai and then back to UK after a stopover in Dubai.
i am considering upgrading to Business Class and would like to have some feedback on Business Class on 777 planes where the seat configuration is 2 - 3 - 2 as all our flights are on this plane.
Old Mar 8th, 2020, 06:37 AM
Forum Moderator

Moved to Airlines Forum
Old Mar 8th, 2020, 09:04 AM

I've been on quite a few Emirates 777 recently and I really think its Business class is poor. If the 777 has 3 classes, then if you can afford it, I really recommend first, it's excellent in every way.

It's strange why they do 2 3 2, as on the A380, it's 1 2 1 and the business class is great, no need to go first and especially if you get a window seat, so see if you can travel on the A380
Old Mar 8th, 2020, 09:08 AM

By the Qatar airways business class is brilliant, highly recommend it
Old Mar 8th, 2020, 11:07 AM
Original Poster

Many thanks for the feedback.
Old Mar 8th, 2020, 06:37 PM

The overall rating for Emirates has slipped from 5* and top ten to 4* though their 1st class service is still rated 5*.

We recently their biz R/T DEL-DXB which is a short flight. I don’t recall the plane used but the service, food and IFE were very good.

In addition if you book biz or first they provide limo service from and to the airport and I don’t mean a local taxi, at least in Dubai. Biz passengers get a 500 series BMW and first class get an S class MB.

The biz lounge in Dubai is stunning too, the best we’ve seen.

Qatar is rated no. 1 in the world BTW.
Old Mar 9th, 2020, 05:20 AM

We just did that trip in October - December. Pretty impressed on the A380 from LHR to Dubai, the two middle seats are ideal for a couple. Less impressed with the 777 but still reasonable if a little beyond its sell by date. Staff were hit and miss especially on our return trip. Seat entertainment system wasn’t working either! Totally unimpressed with the Emirates Longe in Dubai, extremely busy, poor service and way below average food.
Old Mar 9th, 2020, 05:34 AM

Mr. C I am so surprised to hear the Emirates lounge comments. Are we talking about the same one that is 4 football fields in length? I actually paced it off, the golfer in me I suppose, and it was 444 paces long or say 400 yards or so.

The Scottish salmon was amazing, service good, etc. I’m just surprised to hear this.

Last edited by jacketwatch; Mar 9th, 2020 at 05:36 AM.
Old Mar 9th, 2020, 07:40 AM

There's a huge disparity between business and economy class on Emirates and Qatar Airways. Both economy-classes are cramped and dismal, equivalent to a US-based airline. Because of that, I'd always prefer business, even in a 2-3-2 configuration, because it's so much better than economy (not that I can afford it). Qatar Airways offers only 1-2-1 business class, so you never go wrong there.
Old Mar 9th, 2020, 08:06 AM

It was indeed that huge lounge! I know because we had to walk all around it before we could find a seat! We had a v. Long layover on the way out and arrived around midnight and it was packed. Food was in short supply and frankly not that appetising. To be fair it was better on our return as we managed to seek out a smaller lounge in Dubai near the departure gate but still not up to the standards of the emirates lounge in Heathrow and Cape Town which were great.

Old Mar 9th, 2020, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by crellston
It was indeed that huge lounge! I know because we had to walk all around it before we could find a seat! We had a v. Long layover on the way out and arrived around midnight and it was packed. Food was in short supply and frankly not that appetising. To be fair it was better on our return as we managed to seek out a smaller lounge in Dubai near the departure gate but still not up to the standards of the emirates lounge in Heathrow and Cape Town which were great.
what a difference a day makes I suppose. I am sorry you had that bad experience. We arrived in late morning and it wasn’t crowded when we got there but it got more crowded as time went on. We use the silver kris lounge in Delhi for our Air Canada flight back home and I thought that would be good because it’s associated with Singapore airlines but that was very disappointing. It didn’t have any windows and felt very enclosed. The food was so-so and the service was poor. I must say the United Airlines Polaris lounge in Chicago is very good. You must distinguish this one from the usual United club which frankly is not very good at all.