Search

Southern Coastal Rd.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17th, 2018, 03:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Southern Coastal Rd.

We are taking a three day drive towards Adelaide. Our first night will be in Port Fairy, second, Robe, Third, Victor Harbor.

Can anyone please suggest great places to stop between Port Fairy and Robe? and between Robe and Victor Harbor? I have been doing my research, but I have always found suggestions from other travelers have been most helpful!

Thank you,
Alison
Old Mar 14th, 2019, 11:57 PM

Hello AlisonMary, you don’t say where you are leaving from - the coastline before Port Fairy is generally considered the most scenic. I live in SA and Robe and the Fleurieu Peninsula where Victor Harbor is situated are gorgeous but the drive between those points is fairly bland. ��
Old Mar 20th, 2019, 08:34 PM

We've just returned from a short round trip from Melbourne to South Australia. In Robe we stayed at the Best Western Melaleuca Motel - older building but very comfortable and close to shops and eating places. Good evening meal at the Robe Hotel which is a short amble away. Drift in the main street is a good place for breakfast or lunch. We looked at motels in Victor Harbour but decided against staying in one so back-tracked to Goolwa and stayed at the Motel Goolwa in Cadell Street - nice atmosphere, quiet area, very spacious room with everything we needed and a short walk to the wharf. Several pubs and eating places within a five minute walk.

We drove from Goolwa to Robe via Wellington and took the ferry across the river. It seemed to be quicker and more pleasant - countryside looked greener and more interesting. Meningie is a good spot for a lunch break - nice park along the waterfront.

If you are looking for accommodation in Warrnambool, we can recommend the Blue Whale.
Old Mar 21st, 2019, 08:18 AM

Received 83 Likes on 5 Posts
Sounds like fun marg, we loved Robe!