Search

Costa rico planning

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13th, 2018, 01:35 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Costa rico planning

Just beginning to plan trip to costa Rico for February. I know that you could stay there for a week or more easily but our vacation time is limited and we will only be there Thursday to tues. If I want to prioritize seeing volcano and nature (especially animals/jungle) which airport should we fly into and which area should we stay in. Thanks
Old Aug 14th, 2018, 02:02 PM

Your best bet would be the Arenal area - it has the volcano, the Bogarin Trail where you can see sloths, poison dart frogs, red-eyed tree frogs, and cool birds, also nice hikes at the waterfall and the Mistico Hanging Bridges. There are also beautiful natural hot springs; we like Tabacon or Eco Termales. The Cano Negro tour is a great boat ride you can take to see monkeys, caimans, water birds, etc. We always fly in and out of SJO. The Arenal Observatory Lodge is a good place to stay - lots of trails and wildlife on site, beautiful volcano views if the weather is good, free breakfast, and a free guided hike each morning. We regularly saw coatis, toucans, and beautiful tanagers and honeycreepers on site, also howler monkeys.
Old Aug 19th, 2018, 04:45 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by volcanogirl
Your best bet would be the Arenal area - it has the volcano, the Bogarin Trail where you can see sloths, poison dart frogs, red-eyed tree frogs, and cool birds, also nice hikes at the waterfall and the Mistico Hanging Bridges. There are also beautiful natural hot springs; we like Tabacon or Eco Termales. The Cano Negro tour is a great boat ride you can take to see monkeys, caimans, water birds, etc. We always fly in and out of SJO. The Arenal Observatory Lodge is a good place to stay - lots of trails and wildlife on site, beautiful volcano views if the weather is good, free breakfast, and a free guided hike each morning. We regularly saw coatis, toucans, and beautiful tanagers and honeycreepers on site, also howler monkeys.
( didn’t really mean to quote your reply)
thanks im going to start planning based on your advice and will probably be back with more questions
Old Aug 19th, 2018, 10:00 AM

If you can, try to arrive early in the day so you don't have to stay near the airport your first night; you don't want to drive between cities in the dark since things aren't well marked or well lit.
Old Aug 23rd, 2018, 02:02 AM

I am a reader and would love to reply to such questions. As per my interest in touring blog and question answer participation. I have heard a tour company tours.co.cr in Costa Rica who can help during your trip.
Old Aug 24th, 2018, 02:10 AM

Advertising isn't allowed on the boards.