Search

need to Plan summer holidays

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19th, 2016, 09:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need to Plan summer holidays

Hi All,
I need to plan a trip with my husband to a destination where there are multiple activities..We are celebrating our 10th anniversary and this might be our only trip without kids..So we want to make the most of it..I want to experience a mix of both backpacking ..simple Bed n breakfast at places and maybe 1 or 2 days of super romantic stay...Need to travel for 10-12 days from may end to June.
Kindly suggest places.
Old Apr 20th, 2016, 01:37 AM

It's going to be very difficult for anyone to suggest destinations without knowing:

1. Where you are flying from
2. Max budget, including flights

And what do you mean with "multiple activities"? Musuems? Beaches? Long hikes in nature? Shopping? Or more strenous things like hang gliding or scuba diving or what?

It's a big world, with lots of wonderful destinations.

If you want a big European city I'd say London or Paris or maybe Rome. If you want a bit of beautiful nature maybe Ireland or Scotland.
Old Apr 20th, 2016, 01:48 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your reply.
I will be from India and my budget would be 1.3 Lakhs per person max.
By multiple activities I mean Scuba diving,water sports,theme parks ,national parks or even nature hikes.
Old Apr 20th, 2016, 03:30 AM

Ok. First of all, what is a Lakhs and how much is it worth in American dollars or Euro? According to my bank the money in India is called Rupee. I tried using Google and got a lot of different answers.

I think you may have to look outside Europe for scuba diving at that time of the year, unless you like to dive in cold water. And I haven't done much travel outside Europe so I won't be much help.

A quick Google search found this link:
http://www.originaldiving.com/june
it has a number of places they think one should dive in June. But I have no idea what other activities those places have to offer. And I certainly have no idea of airfare costs from India.

But you don't have much time left to plan if you are talking about this May and June.
Old Apr 20th, 2016, 06:40 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
anyegr: Lakh is 100,000 Rupees. So 1.5 Lakh would be approx $2200US.

Binny882: I don't think you could do a 10 to 12 day trip to the US or Europe for that 1.5 Lakh per person. Airfares alone would eat up almost half of your
budget.

Maybe stick to someplace in Asia or somewhere else nearby to save on transport costs??