Search

Orvieto Hotel?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13th, 2006, 03:35 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Orvieto Hotel?

We are looking for a very nice hotel/inn/b&b directly inside Orvieto. Have spent an hour or so looking though reviews but would appreciate personal references if you have any. Price is not terribly important and we are not looking for "cheap" accommodations. Want something atmospheric, good location with nice rooms. If necessary we can stay outside the town as long as it is not a long drive.
Old Mar 13th, 2006, 04:04 PM

My husband and I are going to Orvieto in 2 weeks and staying at Hotel Valentino at a friend's recommendation. They said the parking is easy and it's a great hotel. Take a look online. We are paying 89E for a double. Good luck!
Old Mar 13th, 2006, 05:16 PM

I stayed at Hotel Valentino last May (83E/night) and thought it was very nice. My notes say 3 star w/elevator, comfortable, nice breakfast area. We reserved a garage space for an additional cost, 12E/night, because we wanted to come and go without having to worry about a parking space (public) nearby being available.

The hotel is a few blocks from the Duomo area but you pass by lots of restaurants/shops.

If you're going to visit the Duomo, stop by the T.I. and get tickets for the chapel (3E/person). Also, you may learn there will be music playing at the Duomo one night - we heard a corale from Germany that was excellent. A real treat.

My notes also say we had very good dinners at Trattoria la Grotto (48.50E/two) and at Trattoria la Pergula (30E/two) - these prices included wine. I also noted that we had excellent pizza at il Sant'Andrea pizzeria - pizza plus wine was 8.60E/person - open past 10:00pm.

Orvieto has the best, in my opinion, pottery shops. If you see something you like, buy it.

Any questions, feel free to e-mail me at [email protected]. Orvieto was one of my favorite towns.
Old Mar 13th, 2006, 05:26 PM

I spent 4 nights at Palazzo Piccolomini in Orvieto last April and thought it was very pleasant. It is also a couple of blocks to walk to the duomo but you pass by many interesting shops and restaurants to get there.
Old Mar 13th, 2006, 06:52 PM

La Badia, just out of town ,is lovely.
In town, the Piccilomini above is best.
For a B&B experience try Locanda Rosati 9KM out of town.
Old Mar 14th, 2006, 06:32 AM

Hi Kathy,

We stayed at Palazzo Piccolomini a few years ago for 3 nights and thought it was just great. Although it is at the opposite end of town from the Duomo, we enjoyed walking through town. It's also very conveniently located for the parking garage and underground escaltors up to town, if you are driving.

Orvieto is wonderful. Buon viaggio!