Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

Malaysia to Thailand Visa (Algerian Passport Holder)

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11th, 2017, 01:08 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My spouse and I are working in Egypt right now. I'm Canadian and she's Algerian. We called the Thai Embassy in Cairo and they require a minimum of 6 months of residency permit for Algerian citizens, however the most that can be issued is 6 months at a time which makes it impossible, so we are looking to travel to Malaysia first. Apparently if we fly to Kuala Lumpur we can both pick up a visa at their airport for 90 day stay.

In total, we would like to stay in South East Asia for approximately 12 months. Living in Thailand would be the most ideal for us right now. In terms of work we do not have anything lined up but we can try to find jobs and a work or student visa while in South East Asia. (We do not *need* to work, however, we also don't want to get kicked out during these 12 months)

So can we fly or take a train from Malaysia to Thailand? Or will the same 6 month residency permit be required to attain the visa for Algerian citizens?

Thanks
Old Dec 11th, 2017, 06:44 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
You need more advice than you might find on an internet travel board. I would bet not a single Fodorite would be in your situation.

Ask the consulates of the countries involved and/or maybe an immigration attorney.