Help to pick Hotel in Zihuatanejo

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21st, 2009, 04:27 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am having trouble deciding on a hotel in Zihuatanejo. I have narrowed it to Hotel Cinco Sentidos which appartently is on a hill just up from Playa de Ropa Beach. And they say the that is the best beach in Zihuatanejo? However, it isn't right on the beach, and Brias del Mer is right on the beach.. but Playa Madera which isn't a nice beach? I don't know if any of this is really accurate? The Tides seems to be the right answer... but twice the cost of either of these two hotels? Any advice?
Old Jan 21st, 2009, 06:10 PM

My Choice hands down would be Brisas del Mar. True the sand on Madera is not as white due to erosion from Volcanic rocks at the far end of the beach but is far more peaceful with no parasailers falling on you. No Ski-dos to run you down & just a short stroll on a bay side lit walkway to El Centro. Also many of the best restaurants are with in a couple of blocks of Brisas.
It has possibly the best view on Mexico's west coast from HUGE balconies. In addition it;s management & staff are the best. Extremely professional & helpful.
Old Jan 21st, 2009, 07:35 PM

I also would strongly recommend Brisas del Mar. The location is convenient to downtown and I really like the beach. It's a little less touristy than Playa la Ropa.
Old Jan 22nd, 2009, 05:14 AM

We loved Brisas Del Mar - LOVED it. The beach wasn't white, but they kept it clean, and it had a nice gentle slope so we could go way out in to the water and play. Staff there is wonderful. And it's right on the end of the waterfront walkway to town. I think if you're on Playa de Ropa, you'd have to walk up the hill on the street to get back and forth to town.
Old Jan 22nd, 2009, 04:32 PM

If you want to stay on Playa la Ropa and be on the beach try Villa Mexicana.

http://tinyurl.com/bxbd3z