Search this Thread

Old Aug 17th, 2006, 07:15 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
12 hours in Copenhagen

What would you do?
Old Aug 19th, 2006, 05:04 PM

Probably take a walk through the city square, up the Stroget (pedestrian walking street) for shopping, fountains, street performers, and people-watching. Walk along the canal in the Nyhavn area, or take a canal boat ride. Walk through Tivoli, especially if it is at night. All of these things are walking distance from each other in the city center area.
Old Aug 19th, 2006, 05:21 PM

I agree with what Annam said except for Tivoli, you have to pay (77dk=$13) to get in and it's really not worth it for just an hour or so. If you only have 12 hours I would do a walking tour up from the main square, Radhuspladsen, up to the other large square Kongens Nytorv which is right next to the most picturesque part of Copenhagen, Nyhavn. Go up via Stroget, the pedestrian main shopping street, interspersed with a couple of large square, fountains and churches, and then come back on some side streets. The Round Tower is fun to go up in and you get a good view of all of Copenhagen from there, and that would not take that long. There also were sightseeing buses, but since a lot of the most interesting parts of Copenhagen are small, pedestrian street you can't really see them without walking.I think those sightseeing buses make more sense for large, spreadout cities like London. In Copenhagen I'd walk.
Old Aug 22nd, 2006, 08:33 AM

Lunch of Danish open sandwiches at Boef & Ost with a glass of Tuborg and a chaser (or 2) of Akvavit or maybe a coffee and pastry at Conditori La Glace.
Old Aug 24th, 2006, 07:01 AM

I agree with the above suggestions. I lived in Kobenhavn for 20-plus summers and have walked those routes many times. But, in Danmark, it always depends on the weather...which is usually not the best. You could also rent a bike and bike around. Happy Travels!