Road Tripping from New Orleans, La to Seattle, Washington

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12th, 2011, 03:24 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Everyone, my wife and I are taking a road trip from New Orleans to Seattle. We are planning on embarking on our journey mid August of this year. We know we will stopping to stay with friends in Denver, so that is basically the route we will be taking, through most of Texas, Colarodo, Wyoming, Idaho, Portland and finally Washington, and there we will be staying for a 3 month work assignment.
If anyone has advice or tips on cool, interesting maybe less known spots along the way, please share your knowledge. My wife and I are very adventurous, and love the outdoors. We are also pretty much up for anything and love quirky things.
If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jesse and Colette Martin
Old Jun 12th, 2011, 04:08 PM

Not knowing your interests or the length of time you plan to take I can't make specific recommendations. You might get some ideas of places along the way at www.drivecrosscountry.net/Places Lots of good things to see in Colorado and west - enjoy!
Old Jun 12th, 2011, 05:01 PM

I am very fond of the drive along Interstate 84 along the Columbia River in Oregon. If you visit Crater Lake in Oregon and then drive north to the river and then west along the river you will see some wonderful scenery.
Old Jun 12th, 2011, 07:27 PM

check out this article in the NY Times today on Seattle's restaurant scene: http://travel.nytimes.com/2011/06/12...d-seattle.html.
Old Jun 13th, 2011, 01:21 PM

1 [possible route...After Colorado you could take I-80 across Wyoming to Flaming George Nat. Rec. area near Green River then 191 north to Jackson/Grand Teton park/Yellowstone. From West Yellowstone go north on 87/287 to Ennis & Virginia City, MT, on to Butte, and I-90 to Spokane, turning south there to the Columbia River and into Portland.