Please Help!... Nova Scotia Road Trip

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1st, 2014, 05:33 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Four friends 55 & over, planning a 7 day driving/golfing/giggling bucket list road trip to Nova Scotia.No aggressive sports involved. Enjoy scenery, light hiking, golf, history & nature. Would like to drive from Yarmouth to Baddeck, Cape Breton along the Northern Route (Bay of Fundy & Saint Georges Bay). Trying to plan out our driving travel time.
*Does any one know what the driving conditions are, such as MPH, Size and Safety of Road???
Also, any lodging recommendations along this route?
Information from those who have " been there, done that," greatly appreciated!
Old Aug 3rd, 2014, 05:46 AM
Original Poster

Sorry for not clarifying route;
Would any one know the road/driving conditions (ie.,MPH lanes) to drive from Yarmouth NS through Wolfville, Truro, Pictou, Mulgrave & Baddeck?
Old Aug 3rd, 2014, 06:31 AM

It is a long drive from Yarmouth to Baddeck. My estimate would be 8 hours.

To answer your question about the driving conditions, the Highway 101 is great. It can be four lanes or two but it is fast. It will take you to Windsor where you can drive across Route 14 to reach Truro. Route 14 is a country road, two lanes, twisty highway but in good condition. It will probably take an hour to drive along Route 14.

Then you take the Highway 102 via Truro to Pictou and onward from there to Cape Breton. I do not know anything about Mulgrave or Saint Georges Bay. Without doing research on those villages it might be a good place to stop before heading to Baddeck.

From highways 101 and 102 you will have to take the appropriate exits to reach Wolfville and Truro. For your information the highway distances are in kilometres not miles. One mile is approximately 1.60 KMs. Usually the speed limit is 110 KMs on the 101 and 102. If you take the old roads, i.e., Highway 1 and 2, conditions could be bumpy but those highways are more scenic. I'm sure the AAA or Canada's equivalent CAA, will map out a route for you as the above was all done from my memory!