Need some itinerary help with Las Vegas to Phoenix road trip

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22nd, 2017, 09:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a few questions regarding the best way to plan this trip. As of now, the itinerary is:
Arriving Wednesday, Oct 18
Las Vegas 2 nts
Zion-2 nts
Bryce-2 nts
Page/Lake Powell -1 nt
Sedona-2 nts
Departing from Phoenix, Oct 27

I'm wondering if we should do Bryce first and then head down to Zion and go to Page from there. I know it will mean extra driving time but I heard that way we will be entering Zion from the East entrance which is supposed to be really beautiful. Also that will mean that we will be in Zion Sunday and Monday instead of Friday and Saturday which might be better crowd wise. Or do we not have to worry so much about crowds in October?
Also wondering if I have the right amount of days allotted for each place. I could take one night from Bryce and add it to either Zion or Page. All the hotels I've booked can be cxd or modified.
We've spent time at the Grand Csnyon so just planning to drive through this time.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old Aug 11th, 2017, 07:24 AM

Have you done any hiking into the Grand Canyon? I live about two hours away and can tell you there's nothing like actually being IN the canyon, and October is a great month for it. Same thing in Sedona - you can drive around and look at the red rocks but there's nothing like getting on them.

And if you're into hiking, you might want to extend a night in Page and do Antelope Canyon. But "driving through" the GC from Page will take several hours so you might want to add a night at the GC before coming to Sedona.

October will not be busy except with us Arizonians enjoying the sights we don't go to in the summer heat!
Old Aug 11th, 2017, 06:55 PM

debcon,It makes more sense to post any other questions you have on this trip to your original post so that people that want to help you out don't waste their time posting another answer to the same question. You can go into your profile and it will give you your orig. post and you can just post again if you want to supplement your original question.