Zihuatanejo Time

Mar 25th, 2006, 02:46 PM
Original Poster

Zihuatanejo Time

Just hit the half way mark of my 6 weeks in Zihua. It's as lovely as ever. Please do not believe Any of the bad press. Peaceful, wonderful people, clean beaches & incredible food at reasonable prices. Last weekend took the bus to Morelia a most worth while destination. More on my return in April.
Jul 25th, 2006, 02:32 PM

We just booked tix for August! Will look forward to reading your trip report in April and comparing!
Jul 25th, 2006, 02:34 PM

oopsie! got too excited to pay attention to the months!!! Wow. feel smart.
Aug 28th, 2009, 11:09 AM

I got REALLY sick there from bad seafood... and the gangs seem to have tagged most of the buildings. Which part of Zihua are you talking about? Perhaps I was just in the wrong area? It used to be nice about 10 years ago, but my last visit there was dismal.
Aug 28th, 2009, 05:45 PM

Oops! My mistake. Didn't realize this original post was from 2006. To clarify, Zihua is still worth going to. It's just that when I was there about a year ago, it felt like it was in a transitory period inbetween developers fixing it up, and the police attempting to run out the crime elements. I have no idea what it's like now in 2009, but a year ago I felt like I had to watch my back.. especially at night.

Search this Thread