Xaman Ha Condos Playa Del Camen???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16th, 2003, 01:25 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone stayed at these condos?<BR><BR>We are trying to meet some of our family there and thought this might be a good option.<BR><BR>We are looking at the 3 bed 2 bath condos.<BR><BR>Any feedback would be appreciated!!
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 08:16 AM

We stayed at Xaman Ha a couple of years ago and loved it. The location is great--close to the ferry pier and 5th Ave. and one of the few oceanfront condos to rent in that area. We had a 3 bed/2 bath unit--king in 2 rooms and 2 doubles in the other. They even brought in a 3rd double for our large group of teenagers to use. <BR>The kitchen is well equiped but only has a cooktop (no oven). We shopped at the supermarket a couple of times and cooked mostly breakfast and lunch and would have dinner out. There is also a washer and dryer, bottled water, balcony with hammock and maid service 3 times a week. The pool and grounds are beautiful and sitting right on the ocean for evening cocktails was a nightly event. We would definitly stay there again. Hope this helps!
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 09:07 AM

Hello mayamy,<BR>I am also looking at staying there next month.<BR>Is there a restaurant or bar on premises? Do the units all have good ocean views? Is it after Contintental Plaza Playacar or before when facing the beach?<BR>Is it quiet and do people just walking in off the beach tend to overrun the facilities since it is so close to the busy part of the beach?<BR><BR>THANKS!!!
Old Mar 18th, 2003, 08:11 AM

There is no restaurant or bar at the complex. Although we never took advantage, I believe guests at Xaman Ha can eat at the outdoor restaurant at the Continental Plaza. Xaman Ha is directly next door, south of Continental Plaza. The complex is in a &quot;U&quot; shape so all of the units are ocean front. Some of the units on the first level have the view blocked by shrubs, palms, etc. so you might consider requesting a 2nd or 3rd floor unit. <BR>It's very quiet and a few beach walkers stay on the sidewalk fronting the condos instead of walking on the beach, but it was never a problem. <BR>We were in Playa last year (stayed somewhere else)and took a walk to see how everything looked. The beach in front of the condo was much wider than when we stayed there a few years ago. If there has been erosion due to storms last year there may not be a beach directly in front--meaning the ocean actually breaks at the seawall of the complex. But if that is the case you can just walk a few steps north or south for a wider stretch of sand. <BR>Security guards stroll the complex 24 hours a day so most people walking north along the beach to get to town go around the front of the complex.<BR>Hope this answers your questions without confusing you! If you have any more I'll be glad to help.
Old Mar 18th, 2003, 08:26 AM

Thank you!<BR>I was trying to decide between Xaman Ha and Playa Maya.<BR>Playa Maya is new, but it looks like the views are not as good as Xaman Ha's.<BR>We would like to be on the beach with as good an ocean view as possible and still be close enough for a very short walk into town, so that left some really good places off the list.<BR>We stayed at CPP last time and it was a bit too &quot;Myrtle Beachey&quot; for me.<BR>Do you know anything about Playa Maya?<BR>Thank you again for your help!<BR>
Old Mar 18th, 2003, 10:30 AM

I don't know anything about Playa Maya other than what I've read on other boards. Looks very nice on it's website.<BR>You'll have a great time wherever you stay! Have fun!