Why to choose the NW in Argentina

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16th, 2009, 12:56 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are many reasons to choose a place to visit in your vacation. Usually when people choose Argentina is to see as mcuh as possible. People know that Argentina is a large country with a variety of landscapes. But at the moment of planning their first visit the hesitation about what to see, what to skip starts.
Well, this post is just to put a little of light in your decision.
There are many regions and the most popular are Buenos Aires, of course, Patagonia ( Chalten/ Calafate/Bariloche/MAdryn), Igiazu Falls, Mendoza and Salta which I prefer to call the NW as it is not only includes one province but four, but people usually visit two of them.
Nw has never been as promoted as Patagonia, or its wines have never been as well-known as the ones from Mendoza, and its mountains are nos as high as Aconcagua. But, eventhough, this undiscovered area, keeps the most wonderful landscapes,the most colourful hills.
The ancient beliefs and the traditions are still alive in the Carnival, the religious celebrations and the present life.
The food keeps the flavour of the land with the most incredible variety of potatoes,corn, quinoa and the combinations of the vegetables and the goat cheese become one of the most delicious delicatessen.
The weather,... wonderful. You should not worry if it is winter or summer, keep the layers like an onion and take them of as soon as midday comes and put them on whe it is getting dark. The sky has a deep blue colour... and the trees changing coloura make of the different seasons a different landscape.
DO NO MISS IT!
Flintstones
Old Feb 16th, 2009, 01:00 PM

Is this region similar to the Southwestern US?
Old Feb 17th, 2009, 09:09 PM

Hi Giena, any updates on flights from Iguazu to Salta? We are not going to Argentina until mid September and we are still hoping for flights between these places. Thanks, John & Robin
Old Feb 18th, 2009, 05:12 AM

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
SuQue, yes, there are some similiarities between the NW Arg and the SW of the US. Some of it reminded me of Sedona with the red rock formations, similar vegatation also. Beautiful mountains and fabulous scenery in both destinations. However, I found the NW Argentina far more spectacular than the SW of the US. And of course, different people and food and wine. While I like the SW of the US, I loved the NW of Argentina. Definitley worth a visit.
Old Feb 18th, 2009, 09:39 AM
Original Poster

Yes, as yestravel said.... more espectacular... TOLD BY Americans. And the Salt fLats, and the 7 colour mountains!!!!
John & Robin no point to point flights yet. Maybe you should consider to take buses from Iguazu... I do not think the flow f tourist at the moment will encourage any company to invest in a flight which will not be probably profitable.
I am sorry... I expected to tell you good news, but...
Anyway do not miss the NWª!!!
Flintstones.