Which all-inclusive resort which better?

Old Jan 26th, 2002, 12:28 PM
susan

Which all-inclusive resort which better?

We are going away with two teens to Mexico.
Week before March break. Cancun sounds too busy during this time. Teens are 15 and 17.
Have a price for Barcelo Maya Beach, Gala Resort Playacar, Bahia Principe Tulum Resort, Riu Yucatan and Iberostar Quetzal. Have to let agent know Monday or Tuesday. Want nice and clean rooms, good beach and some action and other teens, and grown ups wanting good food and service. Any suggestions?
Susan and Bryce and teens

Old Jan 26th, 2002, 12:56 PM
kathy

We went to the Iberostar Tucan/Quetzal with 2 teen girls and everyone had a great time. The food is very good ,the service was great, nice spotless rooms, lots of pool and beach activities,shows and disco at night. We didn't care for the Riu food or rooms and havn't been to the other two, although we will be trying the Barcelo next trip. The bahia and barcelo are farther south and about 20-30 minutes from the town of Playadel carmen. The beaches are really beautiful there and they are closer to activities like Tulum, shel ha , snorkeling in Akumal, excaret and dolphin discovery in Puerto Adventura. It depends what you want.

Old Jan 26th, 2002, 01:27 PM
Debbie

Hi - go with either the Gala, Riu or Iberostar - I honestly feel you will get what you want at all 3 of these (probably more so at the Gala as I believe it's one 1/2 star up)and all 3 are located in the Playacar area where there is a little mall with some shopping and close to Playa del Carmen if the teens want to go into town to Senor Frogs and the happening teen places.
Bahia and Barcelo are located about 1/2 south of Playa so they may feel a little more isolated there.

Old Jan 26th, 2002, 01:31 PM
Debbie

Susan - me again - do consider the Iberostar as the pool there is gorgeous. Email me direct for a trip report or go to vacationtripreports.com and read my report under Mexico "Playa del Carmen".

Old Jan 27th, 2002, 11:18 AM
Joyce

You could not go wrong with any of these properties.
I personally like the Iberostar Quetzal because of the Pool, but have stayed at the Gala also. You might enjoy the Hacienda Jr. Suite there.