Search

Where to stay in Cancun

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23rd, 1999, 06:32 AM
Suanne

Where to stay in Cancun

Okay, is it safe for 4 couples in their 30's to travel to Cancun in the last week of March? When do the "kids" start coming down there? It's not that we don't like to party...but we don't necessarily want to party with high schoolers! Inclusive or not? Help!

Old Sep 23rd, 1999, 03:50 PM
Sandi

March is spring break, but most of the colleges are early, the high schoolers are usually April, or the last week of march..I am a travel agent, you might be okay....

Old Oct 2nd, 1999, 06:29 AM
John V

Safe? Definitely. And entertaining. Despite a huge publicity campaign to "crack down" on teenage abuse of alcohol, I personally witnessed at least three well-organized get-togethers on the beach near Cancun with the old wet-t-shirts, drinking contests, etc. I'm a grad student, age 39, and I am rather amused by the antics. The trouble is getting reservations for a hotel with 8 people then. Oh yeah, as far as inclusive goes, leave your options open. Don't get stuck in some never-ending party place. If you do go inclusive, I still know some nice quieter cheap ($20-60 per night)places nearby to hang. Feel free to email me at [email protected]. Have fun!

Old Oct 7th, 1999, 06:48 AM
Helen

To avoid the "kids" in Cancun, stay at an all-inclusive resort. The kids stay at the cheapest place they can find. Also, avoid the "Palace" resorts - the kids love them! Wonderful resorts at other times of the year though. Senor Frogs and Carlos & Charlies will be swarming with Spring Breakers getting drunk - fun to watch but crowded. Try Blue Bay Village - a beautiful resort and little away from the crowd but still on the bus line. If you've never been, the bus is 4 pesos and runs every 5 minutes. Do not rent a car - driving is very iratic! Enjoy!

Old Oct 11th, 1999, 03:34 AM
PatM

What was said about the Palace resorts isn't quite true. The sun palace and the moon palace don't allow college kids. I would avoid the beach and cancun palace because they are loaded with college kids.