Reload this Page >

Where should we go in Mexico?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9th, 2000, 05:46 AM
Shelley

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. My husband and I are planning a trip with our 7 year daughter to Mexico. We've heard great things about Cabo San Lucas; PV; and Cancun. What's important to us is: safe area; nice beaches; activities for a child; quality restaurants; and sun! <BR>Any experiences good or bad would be most helpful.

Old Jun 9th, 2000, 06:13 AM
marilyn

I would say Puerto Vallarta. Has all your requirements. I've not been to Cancun, but one trip to Cabo was enough for me. Although it is a beautiful location, I thought it was way over-priced, especially for Mexico.

Old Jun 9th, 2000, 01:15 PM
Yvonne

Another great place is Cozumel. Cancun does not have a real Mexican flavor but on the isle of Cozumel you would have all your requests i.e. safe area, nice beaches,activities for a child, quality restaurants and that wonderful Mexican sun!

Old Jun 9th, 2000, 03:13 PM
d motl

ditto on Cozumel. The water on the east coast is much better than west coast. A comparable to Cozumel would be Isla Mujeres. A bit more small town but much less expensive than Cozumel and you can walk everywhere. We have a 15 page brouchure on Isla Mujeres that we can e-mail you if you request dan and ginny. p.s. Cancun is fun for adults but not for kids. <BR>

Old Jun 30th, 2000, 01:17 PM
Linda

Definitely go with PV or Cozumel. Cabo is a party town and so is Cancun, which is great for us big folk, but not for kids. You will like everything about PV, but if beaches are a primary concern, then go to Cozumel. You will love either one.

Old Jul 2nd, 2000, 09:56 AM
dan

Puerto Vallarta is my favorite resort town of all resort towns in Mexico. I spent time at my private villa(www.choice1.com/villamontana.htm) now so I usually just past through the resorts nowadays. <BR> <BR>adios! <BR> <BR>mexicodan

Old Jul 4th, 2000, 03:27 PM
Cara

I have been to Mazatlan, PV, Acapulco and Cozumel. And had a great time every time. However, I have never seen anywhere as beautiful as Cozumel. The all inclusives have lots of kids activities also. It was paradise I was told by an Ameican who lives there that there is virtually no crime on the island and it seemed very safe to us.

Old Jul 5th, 2000, 08:37 AM
Keith

I have visited PV, Cancun, Cozumel and Tulum over the past eight years and would recommend Robinson Club in Tulum for the requirements you're looking for. The beaches are very safe and quiet (on the east side of Mexico an hour south of Cancun) and the resort has special activities every day for the kidos, plus the best food around. <BR>PV is a very dirty city and not safe (there were military personnel walking up and down the beach with machine guns). The beaches are brown and the water is dark green. <BR>Cozumel and Cancun are not for children, plus these locations are very touristy - just like a big city in the US, however the beaches are a beautiful white and the water is crystal blue. <BR>If you're are looking to get away from it all - peace, quiet, rest and relaxation, go to the Robinson Club.

Old Jul 8th, 2000, 05:11 AM
rita

I have a 9 year old who loved cozumel. It was great for kids, small laid back lots to do. a wonderful place for a family vacation

Old Jul 8th, 2000, 01:30 PM
Izabella

My family (with our 14 yr old) and our friends (with their 6 yr old) all went to Cancun. We stayed at the five star Beach Palace, all inclusive. They have things for kids of every age, sports, games, beautiful beaches, and everything is includued, for the kids and the adults. Most important of all,we felt comfortable and safe. What my family liked the most were the tours the were included, to see the pyramids and different islands, our daughter loved that. The prices were so good that we bought 20 extra vacations ahead of time, so that we could go again. Its a great value, especially for families. Email me if you want to go, because returning guests can arrange special prices for visiors. No matter where you decide to go, I hope you have a great and safe trip.

Old Jul 8th, 2000, 06:31 PM
Dennis

<BR>Definitely Puero Vallarta. I've been to Cancun, Cabo, Mazatlan etc and they don't compare with what PV has to offer. Hasta Luego - Dennis

Old Jul 11th, 2000, 07:31 PM
jj

No one has yet mentioned Neuvo Vallarta, just north of PV. The beaches there are much nicer for kids than PV beaches.