what's so special about Buenos Aires?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21st, 2004, 05:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking into going to Buenos Aires, but it seems like just another huge city... can someone tell me why BA is a special place to visit? What is the attraction that keeps people going back there? What are the images of this place that stay in your memory?thank you
Old Oct 21st, 2004, 11:08 AM

Buenos Aires has culture, romance, and some of the best food in the world. Moreover, it is an easy place to visit some other wonderful parts of the country - Iguazu falls (a must see), Calafate (amazing glaciers w/boat tours), Ushaia, Punta del Este, Mendoza ...

Check out a couple sites.

bytargentina.com gives a good overview of what tours and side-trips can be had in Argentina. Their travel agent, Paula, is truly a pleasure to communicate with.

Also, give Mayra Brill a message at [email protected]. Her service at booking and finding the best deals and best tours/places has been known for quite a few years. She is a veteran of the tourist scene, writes back immediately, is fluent in English, and has never had a negative review.
Old Oct 21st, 2004, 02:12 PM

BA is similar to Paris imho. Ask what's so special about Paris?

Ba has beautiful open spaces, lots of parks and gardens, exquisite shops, fabulous cafes and restaurants, great climate, excellent bus and subway system, live shows, many superb artisan markets, good value accommodation. What's so special about Sydney? New York? etc. etc. Just go and see for yourself!
Old Oct 22nd, 2004, 10:47 AM

Susan, do a little homework and just read all the posts in this forum regarding Buenos Aires. The opinions of other travelers speak for themselves.
Paulie
Old Oct 26th, 2004, 03:49 AM

I have been to many a places around the world for business but BA has quickly become one of my favorites. It has a lot of charm, friendly people, great restaurants, cheap transportation, nice parks, decent shopping and just a blend of European charm with South American flavor.

You might want to check out www.argentinago.com when you are planning your trip. I met the owner who is American and a really nice guy. His email is [email protected]

You will find out why many of us love the city.