Notices

What to do Buenos Aires?

Old Apr 13th, 2003, 08:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What to do Buenos Aires?

I'll be in Buenos Aires this week, and I need some suggestions on what to do because it's Holy Week. What we can do during this week. Is very religious the people over there? How is the schedule for business,nightlife, museums and fairs? I need help. Thanks
Old Apr 13th, 2003, 12:04 PM

There�ll be little activity during thursday or friday, but most people aren�t very religious. Try to attend to museums and such during Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday. I�m a tour guide in BA, so just email me to [email protected] for any more info.
Old Apr 13th, 2003, 03:05 PM

Dear Carl,
Thursday is what we call "optional holiday" which means that some stores, companies, etc. may close and some may not. Friday is a very important holiday and almost everything is closed.
Argentinian people are in general terms, very religious. Just take into account that we have a strong Italian and Spanish influence, so around 95% of argentinians are catholic and a large number of people go to church every Sunday. Even those who don´t practise may go to church on Easter Sunday because it is a very important day.
As for fairs, the important ones are held on Sundays, so you won´t have any problem in enjoying them.
If there is any particular place you are interested in visiting during this week, please let me know and I will be glad to find out for you if it will be open.
Old Apr 13th, 2003, 05:20 PM
Original Poster

Dear friends....Thanks for the information in any case, what do you recommend to do on Friday?
Old Apr 14th, 2003, 09:42 AM

There are several options such as an excursion to Tigre, which is 20 miles away from the city of Buenos Aires or a trip to a estancia. In Tigre you can take a watertaxi and cruise along the rivers and channels whereas in the estancia you can taste the traditional barbecue and enjoy a folkore show, among many other activities.