Search

Recoleta Cemetary in BA

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12th, 2003, 07:02 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recoleta Cemetary in BA

Can you just walk into Recoleta Cemetary in Buenos Aires? Or do you have to take a guided tour and buy a ticket????
Old Apr 13th, 2003, 02:59 PM

Entrance to the cemetery is free of charge. You can perfectly walk into the cemetery and wander around. There is a map at the entrance where the most important mausoleums are shown. Most of the people go there to see Evita�s mausoleum and they end up being dazzled by the interesting architecture of the whole cemetery.<BR>You don�t need a guided tour unless you want to learn more about the cemetery, its history and the personalities buried there.<BR>Just one piece of advice: some time ago I was guiding a couple in the cemetery when a security guard inside the cemetery asked me if I spoke English, because there was a german couple who needed help. I asked this couple what the problem was, and they told me that someone had tried to rob them in the cemetery. They had been thrown ink as a way of getting distracted, and someone had tried to snatch their bag.<BR>They told me that they were wandering away from the main &quot;street&quot;. I�ve seen more security guards ever since that happened, but anyway I suggest you pay attention and try to remain in groups or where there are more people.
Old Apr 13th, 2003, 06:22 PM
Original Poster

May the Buddha bless you for your reply, Cintia. I would like to take a guided tour of Recoleta. Are there tour guides available at the main gate?? I will most probably be in BA the first week of June.
Old Apr 14th, 2003, 09:17 AM

Dear ThinGorjus,<BR>I am glad that you found my reply useful. I am a private guide in BA and several guests of mine have been posting here. But I don�t intend to advertise, so I will only tell you that unfortunately there are no tours offered at the entrance of the cemetery. Actually, almost all guided tours just cover a few more mausoleums apart from Evita�s. Of course, more personalized tours can perfectly be arranged upon request. If you need any assistance feel free to email me [email protected]
Old Apr 14th, 2003, 10:38 AM
Original Poster

Great!! I will be contacting you soon to set up a tour.