1/2 day tour in Buenos Aires in English

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16th, 2006, 08:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Still making plans for our trip next month to Argentina. Can anyone suggest a 1/2 tour of Buenos Aires in English they have taken?

Private tours run about $45 US per person for 3 hours. Is that about average? Do you need a private tour or is there a small group tour available? Someone said you can really get stuck in traffic and not see much in 3 hours on a private tour.

Old Sep 16th, 2006, 03:03 PM

Hello Granny
This is not true! Even the trafic on BA is a mess, I myself guide everyday 3 hours private Buenos Aires tours and my guests gets an interesting view from the city. Of course it depends on how smart and knowledgble your guide and specially your driver are.
Enjoy BA!
Old Sep 17th, 2006, 10:15 PM

While I didn't take the city tour, I'd recommend Silvia Moore at [email protected] or www.argentina2rs4u.com.ar She arranged for shuttles from/to airports as well as tours to Iguazu and the north in English. She was wonderful to work with and has great contacts. She would be able to give you prices without obligation. Our shuttle driver from the airport was English speaking and gave us information about the sights and areas just on our way to the hotel. Traffic can be a mess especially during rush hours, but I would think the tours would be scheduled to avoid the rush. We worked with tour books as well as materials from the hotels to plan activities for the day in an area and then took a radio taxi to the location and explored on our own for as much time as we wanted before taking a radio taxi back to the hotel. There is so much to see and do we needed more days to see everything we had on our agenda.
Old Sep 18th, 2006, 08:07 PM
Original Poster

Thanks CollegeMom, Are only the private tours in English? We just want a general tour of the different areas so we can explore on our own later. We'll be in B.A. several days.
Old Sep 19th, 2006, 07:02 AM

Don't know if city tours are only in Spanish since we didn't take one. Our small (15 people)city tour in Salta was in Spanish, but the guide also did English because there were 4 English speaking. We didn't pay extra for that, but he got a nice tip! The English tour(higher fee)didn't fit our limited timetable so opted for Spanish only just to get an overview of the city. I'd check with Silvia for options of either private or public tours in English. There is a lot of English in Bueonos Aires so it should be easy to get an English tour.