What country should we go to?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4th, 2005, 07:56 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I are active 40-somethings and are looking for a destination that will allow us to soak up some sun, enjoy some diving, maybe do some jungle exploration,and see amazing scenery. I've looked into Belize because of the incredible diving, but it seems like there is not much else to do there.... Costa Rica, on the other hand, seems to have alot to do EXCEPT diving. Since diving is a "must do", I need someplace that will give us the best of both worlds. Since we were in the Cancun/Cozumel area a few years ago, we'd like to go somewhere else and experience a different culture/country. I'd appreciate any suggestions. By the way, we are looking at a 7 night trip, so we'd be willing to break up the trip into a 2 destinations. Thanks!
Old Mar 4th, 2005, 05:52 PM

How about Honduras....the diving at Roatan is first-rate, and there are some magnificent dive resorts there.

If you get tired of the diving, there's also the Mayan ruins at Copan, plus your usual assortment of jungles, mountains, beaches, and of course, that friendly little area they call The Mosquito Coast (something tells me that anti-malarial medicines might be a good idea there....)

Have fun!
Mark
www.tiogringo.com
Old Mar 5th, 2005, 06:01 AM

Belize, not much to do? Diving, snorkeling, fishing, sailing, kayaking,maya sites, caving, horses, hking, mtn biking, waterfalls, scenic jungle and river trips, butterfly farms, friendly english speaking people, etc
Old Mar 5th, 2005, 06:37 AM

I would also recommend Honduras - I just returned from Honduras and split my 7 night trip between Pico Bonito and Roatan. If you click on my name, you can read my trip report...
Old Apr 12th, 2005, 03:00 PM

I would definitely pick Honduras and visit La Ceiba (jungle exploration, river rafting) and Roatán's specialty is diving.