Search

wedding locations in CR

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1st, 2007, 12:34 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wedding locations in CR

Hi - has anyone been to a wedding in CR? We are looking for a wedding location for an intimate group of family and friends. We're thinking of destinations not more than an hour from Liberia (Manuel Antonia looks amazing but 3+ hours is alot to ask guests) so we might just honeymoon there.
Any recommendations?
We'd prefer not to have all-inclusive and are considering Bahia Del Sol.
Old Jan 1st, 2007, 04:18 PM

Sugar Beach hotel does a great job I went to one at the hotel and loved it, they also do the dinner the night before. Everyone will stay onsight.. Or Playa Grande Bula Bula or Rip jack Inn
Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 06:45 AM

Check out Villa Caletas website. I cannot imagine a more beautiful spot. Not sure of the distance to Liberia...its near Jaco, but a world away.
Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 07:05 AM

Tinamadon,
Try to get there for sunset on your next trip even if you end up not staying there. It is incredible!

em111

Punta Islita is further than an hour but would be a beautiful place for a wedding.
Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 07:11 AM

If you're open to flying into San Jose, I know a beautiful wedding site 15 min. from the airport. Can't remember what they call if offhand, but I toured the place and it's magnificent. It is not a hotel -- it's a place where they have weddings and big parties -- so guests would have to stay somewhere else.

Sandy
Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 07:28 AM

Another note on the San Jose possibilities...there is a lovely chapel at the San Jose Marriott....I know that sounds awfully "Americanized" and cookie cutter, but it was truly lovely. They were having an evening wedding there the night we stayed and the entire chapel was candlelit. It is on a coffee plantation with awesome views. It is only a few minutes from the airport but you would never know the airport is anywhere around. It would also be a great option if some people could only come for a few days; it would be simple access to get in & out.