Wanted:Recommendations for 2 month stay

Old Nov 30th, 2005, 11:26 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wanted:Recommendations for 2 month stay

We'd like to rent a condo somewhere in Mexico for a two month winter vacation. We want to be near a nice beach but also a nice town where we can walk, shop, eat at nice restaurants and local eateries. Someplace where we can buy groceries and cook at home. Someplace with great outdoor market. Somewhere where we don't need a vehicle and can get by on local transportation.Any recommendations?
Old Dec 1st, 2005, 01:15 PM

The Costalegre: Barra de Navidad.
N of Manzanillo and further S of PV.
M
Old Dec 1st, 2005, 01:20 PM

Sorry,
www.costalegre.ca
www.tomzap.com
www.seatosierra.com
We're going for Christmas: staying at the new ecolodge on the Coco beach - CocoCabanas.
M
Old Dec 2nd, 2005, 07:30 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Mikemo.how large is Costalegre? Enough to do for a 2 month stay? No car needed?
Old Dec 2nd, 2005, 08:36 AM

Playa del Carmen would be my first choice. It is a small town with lots of excellent places to eat and small enough for you to walk everywhere. If you do want to travel, there are fast buses north to Cancun and south to Tulum, etc. The beach and the ocean are wonderful. A second idea is Isla Mujeres, which is a 20 minute ferry ride from Cancun. The Island is very small and peaceful and has lots of inexpensive accommodation (not sure about condos) and restaurants. Again, no car is required as you can walk to most places and there is a bus service should you need it. The main beach is Playa Norte and it is really beautiful.
Old Dec 2nd, 2005, 09:53 AM

Puerto Vallarta in the old town area fits what you describe. I don't think there's an outdoor market anywhere, rather several normal supermercados, fruit stands, etc.
Old Dec 11th, 2005, 02:05 PM

I second Puerto Vallarta in the Zona Romantica. No car needed. It's a trip in itself to ride the buses, they are everywhere and inexpensive and fun. There are markets that although not "outdoor" they have fruits and veggies on a stand outside their doors giving the impression of an outdoor market. Too many fabulous restaurants to enjoy in a two month stay. Several good markets including Wal-Mart, Mega, Gigante and Rizo's. The entertainment on the Malecon is free and charming. There are so many art galleries and shops that you'll walking the town every day. Walking along the beach North and South is great. The people are very friendly and it's easy to strike up a conversation if you like company. I can't say enough for Puerto Vallarta.
Old Dec 12th, 2005, 08:55 AM

I wholeheartedly recommend PV. Parents stayed in a 2 bed, 2 ba condo in a building called Vista del Sol. The location was perfect. PV is in a U shaped Bay of Banderas and the balcony wrapped the condo. From the front you saw the bay and from the back, you saw the mountains. This has been a few years ago and they don't have the owner info, but you look up the building if you go to VRBO.com and search on Vista del Sol. There is so much to see and do in PV. Parents took several little trips to Guadalajara, Destiladares, etc. Lucky you!