Search

Visa for entering Brazil

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7th, 2004, 11:58 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Visa for entering Brazil

My husband and I are leaving Los Angeles in 10 days for S. America and we just found out that we need a visa to enter Brazil. Can anyone tell me if there is any way of getting this visa done in less than 7 days? The website for the Brazilian embassy in Los Angeles states that it will take them 10-12 business days to process the visa.
Old Oct 7th, 2004, 12:26 PM

I ran into a similar problem earlier this year when I only had 2 weeks to get a Russian visa. Call them on the phone and see what you need to do to rush the Visa. You will probably have to pay more $, but you really don't have a choice. In addition to a fee to rush it, you may have to pay for overnight fed-ex. But, it can be done -I am sure there is a way. Good luck.
Old Oct 7th, 2004, 01:54 PM

Previous posts on this board have said that you can visit the embassy in LA with all of your paper work filled out and pick it up the next day if you explain your situation. Can't hurt to try...
Old Oct 7th, 2004, 02:49 PM

Realistically money won't change the process...

In SF it took the 5 working days.
Start the process now... make sure you have everything that they need...do not foget the cash.
Old Oct 7th, 2004, 02:50 PM

That happened to me. I went down to the consulate in LA and brought my airline tix, etc and got the visa the very next day. Had to wait about 2 hours the first day and 15 minutes the next. Bring something to read!
Old Oct 7th, 2004, 03:25 PM
Original Poster

Thank you all so much for the info. I will go to the Brazilian consulate office in LA tomorrow and beg for a quick response time even though they state on their website that they do not have expedited visa service.