Villas Nicolas or Hotel California

Feb 26th, 2004, 12:22 AM
Original Poster

Villas Nicolas or Hotel California

Which hotel do you prefer in Manuel Antonio? I'm leaning toward Villas Nicolas, although Hotel California looks nice too, just a little more expensive. Input anyone?
Feb 26th, 2004, 03:08 AM

Dear LA FadeAway,
I can't say anything about Villas Nicolas, because I have never been there, but I can say that Hotel California is Super! The deluxe rooms have beautiful ocean views, the furniture in the rooms is new, tasteful and not run down (like in many other hotels in CR...), the people are nice and the service is good.
Hope it helps.
Feel free to write me directly for anything else.
Pura Vida,
Neta Talmor
Feb 26th, 2004, 05:49 AM

I can't say anything about the Hotel California as I've not been there, but it does get favorable reviews from those who have been there.
I have been to Villa Nicolas and like it fine! Nice little pool area and very friendly people. I found out while I was there that my mother had passed away and they let me make several calls the the US at no charge.
The rooms are comfortable, although the furnishings may be slightly run down, depending on the unit. The one we stayed in did not have a/c...if that's important to you. But the large patio's are great with tables/chairs to eat outdoors with a great view, and of course we loved having a kitchen to make breakfast, sandwiches and snacks...and the fridge to keep our wine chilled!
Feb 26th, 2004, 05:54 AM

I forgot to add, the location of Villa Nicolas is GREAT! Next to Si Como No, on the main road and easy walking distance to good restaurants...like Karolas, my favorite in the area.
Also, the bus stops right in front of Si Como, so if you like, you can walk down to the beach, but then take the bus back up!
Feb 26th, 2004, 09:58 AM
TVL

LA FadeAway:
We stayed at the Villas Nicolas and enjoyed our stay. None of the units have ac but I heard that condo #9up and #13up are great. The location is near to all the restaurants and the bus stops right next door in front of Hotel Si Como No. I wrote a post about it a while ago titled Costa Rica #1 MA. Also, in one of the other posts I noticed you had a question about the hanging bridges. In Arenal (Costa Rica #2)We went to the hanging bridges and it was a very neat view. They offer all kinds of tours through the actual place (for ex: a night time tour). We went during the middle of the day but afterwards I wish we would have gone in the AM because you may have a chance to see more wildlife. The website is www.hangingbridges.com if you want to get a better idea. I wish I had known before we went. They also accept VISA and it is around $20/person. Like the La Fortuna falls - a taxi can take you and pick you back up. Have a great trip. Hope this helps- I used this board to arrange all of our plans! (=
Feb 26th, 2004, 10:55 AM
Original Poster

Thank you so much for all the information. You guys have been so helpful! We're planning an 18 night trip and this board has been invaluable!!
Jun 1st, 2004, 01:43 PM
Original Poster

ttt for Khak323

Search this Thread