Reload this Page >

Villa in Ixtapa, Akumal, or Cozumel

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 10th, 1999, 10:43 AM
Joanne

I'm looking for a 2-4 bedroom villa for January or February of 2000. It seems as though most of the villa rental services are renting out condominiums in these areas. Does anyone have advice for private homes? <BR> <BR>Thanks!

Old May 11th, 1999, 07:02 AM
george

Joanne, <BR> <BR>Try this site, I just found it yesterday. While most of the listings are condos, I did see some private residences. Good luck. <BR> <BR>www.choice1.com/

Old May 11th, 1999, 09:42 AM
Sue

A good site for Akumal villas, etc. is www.locogringo.com The site also contains lots of other interesting information about Akumal and includes a notice board.

Old May 12th, 1999, 03:36 PM
Susan

You could check www.mexonline.com. I did a quick search and they list both Ixtapa and Cozumel. (If I were you, I would consider staying in Zihuatanejo instead of Ixtapa - we were there in February and much preferred it - same area, but much nicer.) Good luck.

Old May 20th, 1999, 09:25 AM
tc

For Cozumel try www.cozumel-villas.com or ws.cozumelvillas.com or www.casacozumel.com All have some condos but there are many houses on the island for rent. I have seen some of the houses if you have specific questions.

Old May 16th, 2001, 06:27 AM
Teresa

Hi <BR>Our family is going to Akumal June 8-15. We will be staying at a villa called Las Hamacas in south Akumal, right on the beach. The site is www.Akumal-Villas.com. There are many villas and the people we have been dealing with are very nice. Diane, Katie, Sybille. I'd be happy to answer any questions and tell you about our trip when we come back. E-mail me if you want. My e-mail address is [email protected] <BR>Teresa

Old Jul 13th, 2001, 06:36 AM
Teresa

Hi, <BR>I will be posting a note about our stay in Akumal at the villa Las Hamacas in the next 24 hours for all to see. It should be interesting. <BR>Teresa

Old Jul 15th, 2001, 09:39 AM
Jim

Just returned from 10 days on Cozumel where we rented a villa. I don't know the exact web site but try a search with "travel notes and Cozumel" and you should get to a place that has many different rentals although most have many of the same properties. there were also listings for Playa del Carmen and Akumal on several of the rental sites. Any questions e-mail me. <BR>Jim

Old Jul 20th, 2001, 06:39 AM
Teresa

HI <BR>Well, our vacation ended up being a nightmare in Akumal, stayed at an expensive villa called Las Hamacas...money stolen, hidden cover charges at restaurants, all five of us got sick, even though we were cautious, and a SCAM the police pull down there is gonna cost us! Email me if you want details. <BR>Teresa