Search

Villa Del Sol Accomodations

Search this Thread

Old May 24th, 2001, 09:12 AM
Susan

Villa Del Sol Accomodations

My fiancee and I are trying to decide between a Lagoon Suite or Deluxe Suite for our Honeymoon in September. Due to the climate during Sept. we're concerned about mosquitos and wondered if the bugs are worse by the lagoon suites. Also, are the lagoon suites worth the extra money? Thanks.

Old May 26th, 2001, 06:29 PM
Wondering

Wondering just which country YOUR Villa Del Sole is located in. <BR>It's a very common name, just means House of the Sun. <BR>Please note this category is titled: <BR>Latin America and therefore covers about 14 countries -- from Mexico to South America

Old May 29th, 2001, 10:22 AM
renee

I think they mean villa del sol in zihuataneho, not sure. only one i know of.

Old May 29th, 2001, 10:51 AM
Arlene

If you are speaking of the Villa del sol in Ixtapa, unless you are on the beach, I don't think it matters. You might try for an upgrade when you arrive if you do not like the location of the room. I doubt that they will be fully booked in September. It is just a beautiful resort and the restaurants are fabulous. There is another resort called Casa que canta that is just magnificent but not on the beach. Go there for dinner the view and the meal are great.

Old May 29th, 2001, 04:18 PM
Bob

Susan: <BR> <BR>My wife and I were just at Villa Del Sol last week. My opinion would be that the lagoon suites are not worth the extra money as both are very, very nice. Can't speak for the mosquitos except to say that when we asked the gal who showed us all the rooms she did mention they were a problem. I would guess because of the heat, etc. that it won't matter if you are by the lagoon or not. The lagoon is a man made lagoon which I'm sure they spray heavily. I would also guess that the really bad bug time would be the dead of summer, not so much in September. <BR> <BR>While you are there, have breakfast at the Villa Del Sol on the beach everymorning. WOW. Also, have dinner at least once at the Casa Que Canta after the sun goes down. Double Wow. For cheaper grub that is fantastic, have dinner at La Sirena Gorda downtown. Great Fish Tacos for about 5 bucks and very clean. <BR> <BR>I have to say that Villa Del Sol is really really nice. You'll have a great time. We will stay there next time. <BR> <BR>If you have any other questions, feel free to e-mail me. We really spent a lot of time poking around for neat little places to eat and shop. <BR> <BR>Bob.

Old Jun 3rd, 2001, 08:25 AM
elena

susan,We stayed in a deluxe suite last summer.We had one downstairs with a splash pool.We were there in June and we loved it and the little pool was nice!Only some of the deluxe suites come with a pool,so if you think that sounds interesting and decide on the deluxe suite tell them it's your honeymoon and ask for a pool!The resort is very romantic,lots of honeymooners and some old people like us( we were celebrating a 20th anniversary).I think they would make it special for you!There were a few mosquitos at night so we just sprayed ourselves on the porch before going out and had no big bug problems.Congratulations!Go have fun!

Old Jun 5th, 2001, 12:08 AM
Still Wondering

Well, Ixtapa and Zihuatanejo are next door to one another but totally different in character. <BR>Also, there's a Villa del Sol in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico. <BR>There's one in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic. <BR>And, there's another one in Coco Beach, Costa Rica. <BR>All "Latin America" countries.