Search

Veracruz/Tlacotalpan

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21st, 2001, 04:50 AM
barb

Veracruz/Tlacotalpan

Any lodging information for either Veracruz or Tlacotalpan please; much appreciated since I'm going to a wedding next week.

Old Mar 21st, 2001, 08:01 PM
Vera Cruz

Veracruz is a large port and has a 'gritty' feel to it. <BR>It's also a 'weekend getaway' for Chilangos, folks from Distrito Federal-Mexico City to you, and they are 'party-hearty' folks book the wrong hotel and you're in for a terrible time if you expect peace&quiet. <BR>Really I'd never go back, the food is average, the town is crowded and noisy, hookers are persistent and beaches filthy. <BR>

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 03:33 AM
mch

I have to disagree with the prior comment. I think Veracruz is a very nice port were you can get excellent food. I agree that the beach is not beatiful but that is expected(this is the Gulf of Mexico, not the Caribean sea). There are a lot of small towns nearby which can make a visit even more interesting. The downtown area is full of life and you should get some flavor of local traditions (a Danzon for example).

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 07:03 PM
Carloselviajero

Veracruz is nothing special at all. <BR>The first poster has it pegged there are all kinds of nicer places in Mexico.

Old Mar 24th, 2001, 03:06 AM
elviajero???

Carlos, <BR> <BR>I think you should travel (as your nickname suggests) a little more and read more history before giving such an uninformed opinion.

Old May 17th, 2002, 08:12 PM
ttt

ttt

Old Apr 8th, 2007, 03:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
veracruz is not Cancun.. it is a completly diferent experience..