Search

vacation for feb 2009

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7th, 2008, 06:29 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vacation for feb 2009

my husband & i are working on planning our next big vacation for feb 2009. we're trying to decide where to go. while we enjoy relaxing, we don't want a vacation where we just sit on the beach.

some places we have thought about are: hawaii, egypt, argentina, galapagos, cambodia, new zealand, brasil.

we would have 10 - 14 days (including travel time), and would like to do something that we might not be able to after we have a family.
Old Jun 7th, 2008, 07:14 AM

Have you been to Guatemala?

http://flickr.com/photos/staceyholeman/collections
Old Jun 7th, 2008, 08:51 AM

I would probably knock Hawaii off the list first. You can do that while you are pregnant or after with a child. I think that the Galapago's would make a great trip when your child is older so that would also go off my list..as well as New Zealand for the same reason. For me I would choose Cambodia as it's a long flight ( it's also a place I really want to visit). I tried to pick far away places before I had a child knowing that it would be easier to go closer to home either with or without the child later. Have fun picking out your vacation. All of the places your mentioned would make wonderful trips.
Old Jun 8th, 2008, 03:38 AM

Have you thought about Bali? It's so beautiful and romantic, and it has a fascinating culture. There are amazing inns for relaxing, and the culture is unique. We even got to attend a cremation ceremony.
I agree with ttraveler---you'll love the Galapagos and Hawaii, but you can take kids there later on.
Old Jun 8th, 2008, 04:22 AM

I have to agree with MarciaM. Bali is one of the few places that I just can't get out of my mind. It is so beautiful and the people are so sincerly nice. There are flowers everywhere. The food is great and the culture is amazing.
Marcia, we also got the opportunity to go to a cremation ceremony. We went the day before to visit the family.. and were treated with chicken feet to eat. I would really love to return one day.
Escapes Unlimited offers packages to Bali at at reasonable price.
Old Jun 11th, 2008, 04:14 PM

There are family trips to the Galapagos.

I'd vote for Tanzania, though there are family trips that go there too.

Cambodia would be less costly than Tanzania.

Have fun wherever you go.
Old Jun 11th, 2008, 04:22 PM

I suggest you read this recent thread:

10 Days in Buenos Aires: Magellan's 40th Birthday Solo Trip Report
Old Jun 11th, 2008, 04:29 PM

Other than "not sitting on beach", what are your interests?

I'm with Lynn. I suggest Tanzania in February 2009.
Old Jun 11th, 2008, 04:37 PM

Hi I have two top favorite destinations costa rica lots of nature and wildlife. I also loved Kenya look at www.2afrika.com I thought africa was wonderful althought I think kids would like it it is harder to get to. We have taken our daughter on several trips. I do not think she would enjoy europe so much. I throw a few more out there thailand, peru (manchi pichu),new zealand, iceland
Old Jun 14th, 2008, 06:35 AM

Cambodia is a great thought and deserves further investigation. Monumental ruins, unspoilt beaches, and true ecotourism, I highly recommend that you explore Cambodia now, before the masses beat you to it.

http://www.luxepacker.com
Old Jun 14th, 2008, 07:22 AM

We adore Costa Rica - beautiful waterfalls, active volcanoes, and loads of wildlife like monkeys and sloths. You might check out the Lost Iguana in Arenal, Bosque del Cabo on the Osa Peninsula, and the Peace Lodge.