Urgent Help Needed Costa Rica

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20th, 2004, 03:15 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be arriving in San Jose prior to noon on December 28th. I chose not to reserve any hotels as I plan on touring for the full 2 weeks I am there and originally thought (and read)I would not have any difficulty in finding upon my arrival given the myriad of accommodation options. In the last few days I have been trying to find a hotel for our first stop initially planned for the Pacific Coast. Unfortunately the hotels I have contacted do not have any rooms available. I am now considering the Atlantic Coast but can't decide between Tortuguero and Puerto Viejo south of Limon. I would like to know which place is easiest to get to as well as any hotel suggestions. Any other advice you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Old Dec 20th, 2004, 04:23 AM

DaveJJ
I don't know where in the world you got that information (and it doesn't matter), but Christmas and Easter holidays ALWAYS need to be reserved several weeks (if not months) in advance. Tourism is up drastically and the local industry down there is scrambling to keep up with it!

At this point in time, I think you will even have trouble getting something on the Atlantic Coast--which is, by the way, a great place to visit.

I would suggest you contact this person immediately. Her name is Neta, and she will get to work on your behalf immediately and will do her best to find accomodations for you. It won't cost you a thing (I know, seems too good to be true) because she loves to help people visit and enjoy CR. She owns a small hotel (no, she isn't going to try to get you to stay there, although she may have a room for you, I don't know). Neta has good rapport with hotels all over the country and can contact them personally on your behalf. She is in a position to scrounge something up for you that you wouldn't be able to "scrounge" on your own.

[email protected]

If you'd like to phone her, you can reach her at:

(506) 419-0110

You'll have to dial 011 first if calling from the US.

GOOD LUCK!
Old Dec 20th, 2004, 05:40 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Shillmac
Old Dec 20th, 2004, 01:00 PM

Shillmac, thank you very much for this. DaveJJ was writing on my behalf because I did not know how easy it was to get a registration. Now I am on line myself.

I contacted Neta this afternoon. She is a lovely person and is actively working on our case.

Thanks again for your help.

Old Dec 31st, 2004, 07:19 AM

Hi there, we´re in costa rica at the moment and there are hotels with availabilities and room rates cheaper than we reserved online. Casa Conda is one (I don´t have the phone number) but their rooms are mini apartments and the price quoted to us was $80 plus taxes. its a bit further around 10min from city center but a beautiful resort with washer, dryer, swimming pool, jacuzzi etc.
there are also some hotels in downtown that have availability. One is right in the city center (by the national theatre) and the price was quoted at $67 plus tax. You shouldn´t have to worry if you are not picky on the type of hotel you stay in and if you´re OK with spending a little more than usual.
Old Dec 31st, 2004, 10:12 AM

You are very welcome. You bet Neta is a lovely person. She is one of the most helpful people I've ever met with no thought of personal gain for herself. She is an all-around "people person". I hope you found what you needed to find. When you get home (which is probably when you will see this since you are in CR right now), be sure to post a report for us!