Two Days after BdC, What to Plan?

Old Nov 19th, 2008, 07:42 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two Days after BdC, What to Plan?

Hubby and I are leaving Bosque del Cabo on Wednesday March 12th. We have to fly back to NJ on Saturday. Where would you go if you had those two days? We've already been to Arenal. We wanted to do the Caribbean side but it's too short a time for that. We've also done the surrounding area of San Jose.

I would like to visit a cloud forest. Does anyone have suggestions?
Old Nov 19th, 2008, 08:00 AM

I would go to the Peace Lodge; it's only about an hour from the airport. Has cloud forest, Poas Volcano nearby, and 5 beautiful waterfalls on the property that you can hike to. Rooms are over the top with jacuzzis and waterfall showers, nice views. Great spot if you want to indulge after BdC.
Old Nov 19th, 2008, 08:27 AM
Original Poster

Thanks volcanogirl. We were there last year and did the waterfalls, etc. Absolutely gorgeous.
Old Nov 19th, 2008, 08:31 AM

Well, I would say Monteverde, but it would take you too long to travel back and forth. If you don't have your heart set on a cloud forest, you could do a rafting trip, maybe the Pacuare Lodge?
Old Nov 19th, 2008, 09:56 AM

How about extending your time on he Osa at Iguana Lodge? Perfect place from which to visit Animal Sanctuary and go kayaking. Playa Plantanares is really nice. We stayed in the club rooms for $125; amenities were great. Ask for rooms facing the beach. You'll be steps away.

OR if you HAVE to get on back to SJO area, try a run down to Savegre Mountain Hotel. It's perfect for 2 nights. And it's cloud forest, much easier to get to than Monteverde, although it will take you about 3 hours from San Jose. Birding there is fabulous.

OR head past Cartago to Paraiso and stay at Sanchiri. This is about 45 minutes from San Jose. We stayed there 2 nights for $137, including 5 meals and tax! Great overlook of the Orosi Valley. Get a guided hike into Tapanti National Park--absolutely stunning. And also good for birding. Also, if you've not explored the Orosi Valley, Lankester Gardens, the church ruins at Ujarras, Cachi Lake and Dam, this area is for you.
Old Nov 19th, 2008, 11:47 AM

Hey Mixter! I was just thinking about sending you an email to see if you've figured out your remaining time in CR. I see you are still working on it! Less than 4 months until BdC!
Old Nov 21st, 2008, 04:07 AM
Original Poster

Thanks shillmac. Good suggestions and I printed them out to show the hubby.

Janenicole. We are staying all the days at BdC with you guys. Ricky was thinking of going back to Arenal but I'd like to try something different for two days. Besides, I'm guessing you'll need some time off from laughing too much.
Old Nov 21st, 2008, 07:02 AM

You know, I was going to suggest you follow us to Arenal! Laughing is healthy!

Shillmac gave you some great ideas!