Trip to Panama in Spring '98 - help!

Old Jun 29th, 1997, 08:37 AM
kathi & mark wilson

Trip to Panama in Spring '98 - help!

Want to see Panama in Spring '98 - not a cruise. Would love to hear any tips, hints or cautions from past visitors -- where to stay, what to do, what NOT to do. Thanks!

Old Jul 22nd, 1997, 12:44 PM
claire mcnaught

Hi,

I grew up in Panama and am planning a trip back in the spring. I don't think I will be a lot of help to you but here are some suggestions:

1. visit Contadora Island
2. stay in Panama City for a day or two and visit the old part of town.
3. go to Barro Colorado, Smithsonian Institute ecological preserve
4. take a partial transit of the canal, it is amazing
5. visit the Panamonte Hotel in Boquete
6. go rafting in Chiriqui
7. visit ElValle for a day
8. go to the Cloud Forest near the Costa Rica border.

Buena Suerte

Old Aug 22nd, 1997, 03:03 PM
Mike Raymond

I live and work in Panama. Perhaps I can help.
Your earlier reply was pretty accurate however I
might suggest adding to you itinerary the San Blas
Islands. Very beautiful atolls inhabited by the Kuna
indians. If you want to experience something different (perhaps a bit rustic) go there. We love
it (good scuba diving and lobsters). Good local
travel agent for all activities is Starlite Travel
at (507)232-6401. Take to Luz. She can help you out.

d

Old Sep 29th, 1997, 08:36 AM
k oakland

Appreciated feedback re travel in Panama. Do you have suggestions for the best travel method from Panama City to Colon? Mid January, 1998, we plan to meet friends in Colon who are sailing. We'll be coming by air to Panama City and then need to go on to Colon. Thanks.

Old Oct 2nd, 1997, 08:36 AM
claire mcnaught

Mike,
I gather you are a scuba diver. I am too but none of my companions are divers. I will be in Panama City, El Valle and Contadora in January. Do you have any dive operators or sites or both which you can recommend. Although I have dived for nearly twenty years I don't do much and need a good guide.
Also any special restaurant recommendations?

Old Dec 11th, 1997, 04:34 AM
Kyoub

I,too, have been planning a trip to Panama in early spring. What you suggested is pretty much what I had in mind or all of it I could before we ran out of time. First of all I want to drive up to the Cerro Punta area with the hopes of seeing the Quetzal.
I had wondered about going to the San Blas Islands. I thought it sounded interesting but couldn't find anyone that had been there. Where do I get transportation to get there? What about Isla Taboga?
Where would you suggest staying in Panama City our last night there? I would really appreciate your help. There are very few travel guides on Panama for some reason. I have heard it is a beautiful country.
Thanks in advance,
Kay

Old Aug 14th, 1998, 03:17 PM
Tropical Moon 88.9 PANAMA

Cuando vengan Panama llamenos 226-8890
y disfrutaran con nuestra musica y eventos para todos los turistas completamente GRATIS

www.tropimoon.com

{

Old Aug 15th, 1998, 05:49 PM
Parrot Mom

Hi-stopped at San Blas Islands on a cruise--it is a major highlight---you will never forget---take boats to other islands in the group---

Old Aug 15th, 1998, 05:49 PM
Parrot Mom

Hi-stopped at San Blas Islands on a cruise--it is a major highlight---you will never forget---take boats to other islands in the group---

Old Aug 27th, 1998, 04:51 AM
Noel

I just returned from San Blas Islaands
and would be happy to share information with anyone interested. We went to Iskardup (next to Ukupseni aka Playon Chico) and Dolphin Isl. (Uaguidup) next to Achutupu. Each island very different
We liked it so much that we plan to return over the Christmas holidays !