Trip Report: CDMX April 2018

Old Dec 7th, 2018, 06:29 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trip Report: CDMX April 2018

Hola todos,

I lurked on the forums when I was planning our first trip to Mexico City. We were there in April for 6 nights. We left the Monday after Easter and returned the following Sunday. The timing was to see The Killers at Foro Sol on April 5th. But Mexico City far surpassed my expectations! It was beautiful, friendly, clean, congested (to a degree I could not previously imagine), had great sights, and even better food. The blooming Jacaranda trees just added to its beauty. We loved it. We're going back in January 2019 for my birthday and are taking friends along.

We visited the Museo de Antropologia, Frida Kahlo's House, Franz Meyer Collection of decorative arts, the National Museum of Arts, the Soumaya, walked in Coyoacan, Condessa and Roma, visited Teotihuacan, and the Basilica de Guadalupe, etc. We drank on balconies and in a local bar. We ate at Quintonil, Maximo Bistrot, El Cardenal, Salon Corona, Café de Tacuba, Publico Comedor, El Tizoncito, etc. We can't wait to get back!

I finally finished my "blog" about our time there, it's mostly pictures. CMDX is really photogenic.

Discovering Mexico City: Let's go to CDMX

Salud! NOLA
Old Dec 7th, 2018, 07:06 AM

Mexico City is awesome. Even though lately I've been travelling to other parts of Mexico, glad you've discovered this incredible North American city--the only one in North America that made New York almost seem dull in comparison.
Old Dec 7th, 2018, 06:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Daniel_Williams
....glad you've discovered this incredible North American city--the only one in North America that made New York almost seem dull in comparison.
That's a good way of describing it.

NOLA, I really enjoyed your report and the photos. How was the concert?
Old Dec 8th, 2018, 10:31 AM
Original Poster

@ Daniel, I loved Mexico City but didn't love NYC. We'll give NYC a try again in the future because I know it's great but I didn't feel that on our short trip in 2016. Maybe more time will help.

@Leely, the concert was fun. Extremely crowded. Extremely enthusiastic crowd. Everyone was pretty respectful and having a great time. It was our 5th time seeing the Killers and they put on their typically energetic, engaging show. They really are fantastic live! My favorite time seeing them was in Houston on 1/26/18 because we were 15-20 feet away from the stage. At Foro Sol it was more like 100's of feet away. Still Wonderful Wonderful, though!
Old Dec 16th, 2018, 10:02 AM

Thanks..
My first visit to MC was in Feb...loved it!
Already booked a hotel for Feb 2019..
Old Dec 17th, 2018, 11:25 AM
Original Poster

I predict January won't be our last trip! CDMX is so easy from New Orleans/Houston and so filled with great sights, food, and culture. We're t-minus 33 days!