Tranport from Liberia to Four Seasons??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28th, 2004, 12:21 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be flying into Liberia but do not want to rent a car to get to the Four Seasons. The hotel wants $200+ each way for the 40 minute trip. Can I get an air conditioned 4 door mid-sized taxi at the airport at 2-3:00 PM? Are they reliable and what would the fare be in US dollars?
Old Sep 28th, 2004, 01:08 PM

Wow. The price the 4S has quoted you is unbelievable. I think you could get a taxi for probably $20 each way (maybe a little more). You should have no problem finding one once you get there. If you can't, just tell someone at the airport--they will take good care of you. Taxis are very reliable.
Old Sep 28th, 2004, 10:44 PM

I think $200 is too much, you can get a taxi for $50 each way.
Old Sep 29th, 2004, 06:58 AM

Allegro Tours will do the transportation for $35.00 each way.
You can contact them at
[email protected]
Old Sep 29th, 2004, 09:42 AM
Original Poster

Sailing; Thanks for the referral.
Can Angelo Tours also arrange snorkel trips to the south portion of the area where I understand the best snorkeling is. I am looking for a trip in a power boat with no more than 8-10 people in a 25-30 ft. boat geared toward avid snorkeler's (not divers) that can pick us up at 8:30 or so at Four Seasons and in 45 minutes or less get us in an A/C van/car to a marina for a 4-5 hour trip with 2-3 hours of snorkel time in different spots and return us to FS by 4:00 PM?
Old Sep 29th, 2004, 10:05 AM

Stan, I would double check with the four seasons regarding that price. Are you sure they didnt quote you for San Jose? That is close to what would have paid from SJ to the hotel(had their not been a strike, but that is another story) I am pretty sure that transport to Liberia is less than that.

I would also talk to swiss travel about a snorkel trip. We actually chartered our own fishing boat, the rosa linda, right from the bay side. They boats sometime pull up, and the captains will talk to you. The Rosa LInda also did snorkeling charters. By going direct, we saved $200 off the cost of a a private boath charter from the concierge

I would also ask the guys who work at the bay side cabana for the name of someone

We used swiss travel for our excursions, and was happy with our decision
Old Sep 30th, 2004, 02:15 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, I will confirm rate with Four seasons. If a regular taxi is $25-$30 and FS is $40 I rather use FS for they have saved me some hassle elsewhere.
Old Sep 30th, 2004, 09:50 AM

I just got off the phone from Four Seasons. They charge $50.00 per person from Liberia airport to Four Seasons.
Snorkeling can be arranged directly off the beach from Four Seasons by "pirate boats" . Most have no insurance or saftey equipment. The reason Four Season's prices are higher is because they screen all boats they use to make sure they have liabilty insurance, life jackets, radios, and are registered to do tours in Costa Rica. It may not seem important to many people until an incident occurs then it becomes a major issue. Last week one of the "pirate boats on a snorkel cruise ran out of gas and just drifted until someone came along....no radio.

I know Ellene means well but if you ask the guys down by the cabanas and it's found out they will loose their jobs on the spot.

There is a sailing/snorkeling tour done on a 50 ft schooner that can have you at one of the best snorkel sites in an hour, pick up on Four Seasons beach, 2 - 3 hrs for snorkeling and then back to the resort. Snorkel gear, lunches and open bar included. $65 each.
(PS this is a friends boat not mine!)

Or a local (covered) ponga will provide the same trip of about $35-45 an hr. No drinks or food though.

Email me direct for any further info.

Michael
[email protected]

Old Sep 30th, 2004, 12:10 PM
Original Poster

Sailing; Thanks for the information on transport and snorkeling.
Central reservations must have been looking at Punta Mita which cost me $125 each way 2+ yrs. ago before petrol increased in price by 40-50% in Mexico.