topless sunbathing at Sandos Playacar

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28th, 2008, 10:15 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was told by my travel agent and on forums that resorts don't usually allow topless sunbathing poolside. However, after doing further research I believe the Sandos does, which I booked with because they are so kid oriented. I am a little concerned about how much of this my newly 13 year old son is going to see. Can anyone give me the scoop at what can be expected at this particular resort and beach. I may just be a little jealous too at the thought of my husband gawking at all the boobies. LOL
Old Jun 29th, 2008, 06:02 AM

It really becomes a non-issue rather quickly. It also depends on how many Europeans are at the resort at any particular time as it is not an issue for them and it really becomes not a big deal. You will see it in some form all over Playa and the RM.
Old Jun 29th, 2008, 11:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Most resorts only allow topless on the beach.
As stated, it is no big deal. Usually when women are walking around they put their top on.
Old Jun 29th, 2008, 01:12 PM

That's true...not at the pool. Today at the beach probably more than 10 and less than 20.
Old Jun 30th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Original Poster

Colokid, Are you at the Sandos right now or just speaking about the beach in general? If so, I would love a report of how the resort is.
Thanks!
Old Jul 1st, 2008, 06:49 AM

Nope, just at the beach in general. I live in town. But, before I moved I did spend a few vacations in Playacar. I can't gain access to the beach down there anymore or I'd go look for you.
Old Jul 1st, 2008, 06:50 AM

Actually, let me rephrase that. The beaches in Mexico are open to the public but the access points in Playacar are few and far between. Sandos is the southern most resort and there are no access points down there that I know about for the public.
Old Jul 1st, 2008, 06:56 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
<or I'd go look for you.>

FUNNY -lol ;-)

Old Jul 1st, 2008, 07:22 AM
Original Poster

Thanks! I actually just meant to rate the resort for me overall. Maybe you could help me out with excursions. Between Xcaret and Xel-Ha, which is better? I have so many things I want to do but can't afford them all.
Old Jul 1st, 2008, 11:55 AM

What I meant to say was go look at the beach for you not look for you personally lol. Not enough coffee this morning!

Anyway, I've not done Xcaret but friends have and they loved it. I went to Xel Ha several years ago and it was ok. I'm not a big fan of those kinds of places so I tend to just do more low key, low expense types of things although I did enjoy ziplining at Selvatica last year and have been to the sites at Muyil, Tulum, Coba, Chichen Itza, and Ek Balam. But just not with big tour groups. There's also some great tours you can do through Alltournative tours or FatCat catamaran.