Search

Topless Beaches in Cancun?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24th, 2000, 09:35 AM
Jeff

Topless Beaches in Cancun?

going to Cancun for Thanksgiving with my wife and two kids - daughter age 12, & son age 11. We're staying at the sheraton Resort & Towers. Would like to hear from anyone who's stayed there to hear what they thought of it. Also, I'd like to know if the beaches are European style - meaning do the women go topless? I don't have a problem with that, I just want to talk to my kids about it so they will handle it better if we come across it.

Old Oct 24th, 2000, 10:57 AM
Rebecca

Hi. I haven't stayed at the Sheraton but it is nice. The beaches can be topless but you don't see a lot of it. You might or might not see it. I've never seen any topless bathing at the pools it's always along a quiet stretch of beach. So you'll have to use your discretion. Enjoy the weather should be spectacular.

Old Oct 24th, 2000, 11:15 AM
Tasha

Stayed there are few years ago. I saw no topless. Just dont go south to Playa del Carmen if its a concern, very topless there!

Old Oct 24th, 2000, 01:15 PM
trisha

Hi, I visited Cancun in September. I didn't stay at the Sheraton but did stay in the Hotel Zone. The beaches were topless! Have a great time!

Old Oct 24th, 2000, 03:26 PM
Suzanne

Is Cancun Hotel Zone topless to the point where someone <BR>who does not want to go topless wld. feel out of place? I am going to Cancun <BR>with friends in November & one of my friends has lost a breast to breaat cancer. She does not feel comfortable <BR>going topless. Should we go someplace else?

Old Oct 24th, 2000, 05:16 PM
Susan

Even if those areas where people do go topless (and I'm not sure there are a lot of those in Cancun), no one will uncomfortable if they choose to wear a top. There is probably more toplessness in Playa del Carmen, but even there, many many people wear tops. My experience is that Americans are far less likely to go topless than Europeans. Cancun still attracts lots of Americans.

Old Oct 25th, 2000, 07:13 AM
rebecca

You friend will have no problem. At the most -- it is half and half. Half women with tops and half without. But that is at the most. So don't worry at all about it. It is very easy going in Cancun so whatever you feel comfortable with others do too.

Old Oct 25th, 2000, 11:30 AM
dan woodlief

I don't remember much toplessness in Cancun. A whole different story in Playa del Carmen and at Playa Norte on Isla Mujeres.

Old Oct 26th, 2000, 06:08 PM
Sue

At XCARET, the water park that is frequented by many families with children, there were several topless women when we visited last April.