Search

Tipping at Bosque del Cabo

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 05:14 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tipping at Bosque del Cabo

We are traveling to BdC this February (yay) and wanted to hear from those who have been there before - how did you handle tipping? how much - to who? using US$ or CR$?

THANKS!
Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 07:38 AM

We give personal tips to Eduardo (bird guide) and Philip (nature guide) if we have used them, Jose (bartender) as well, and then we give Kim money to be divided among the rest. Type of money doesn't really matter. It all spends down there.
Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 08:07 AM
Original Poster

what do you recommend as a tip for a tour? how much per day of stay do you recommend to give Kim? trying to figure out how much to bring. THANKS!
Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 10:14 AM

On my last trip in May I tipped $150 for a 6 day stay. I ended up tipping to the best of memory, $10 to Eduardo, $10 to Kevin (transfer), $30 for housekeeping, $25 to Jose the bartender, $15 to Jenny & $15 to Eileen (waitstaff), $30 to the rest of the kitchen staff & $15 to Gerly. I tipped the 3 girls separately as they each had gone above & beyond, taking care of things for me (like getting contact lens solution for me in PJ, etc), so that may not be necessary for everyone. It's easier to pay up at the end of the trip and just give Kim a lump sum with how you want it divided out. Best I can remember is that tips are the only things they need cash or TC's on, in any currency.
Old Jan 7th, 2007, 09:30 AM

Hey locolowe, we will be at Bosque the first week of February and can't wait. I am not sure if it can live up to the high expectations that have built up based on all of the glowing reviews.

Thanks for asking the tipping question since it was one that I had on my mind.
Old Jan 7th, 2007, 01:17 PM

Tullys divisions sound about right and it is always nice to give a little extra if someone has done something over and above. We tend to over tip because we lived on tips when my husband was in school so it is hard for me to come up with an exact number. My husband keeps forgeting that he is in CR. If you go out on a tour you could bring a tip for your guide. $5-10 depending on what it is. We even go as high as $30-50 if we are out fishing all day with someone.

The girls are so sweet it is hard not to give them a little extra.